Sponsored

Running Boards for Hybrids - are they really here now?

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Spook

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently no one ever thought that the running boards might be needed for someone that is handicapped, although I shouldn't have to explain to whomever thinks they are the judge as to whether I need them or not.
How about someone please answer my first post? Has anyone installed this particular brand so I know they will fit?
Just a simple question and no answer yet. I'm waiting.

StephMavXLT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Spook

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just called the Real Truck 800 number and asked. I first noticed that the part number is the same for the ecoboost and Hybrid. That tells me that they don't even know that the Hybrid can't use that same one the ecoboot uses. The guy at Real Truck also told me that they have none in stock, so I'll just wait some more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spook

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are the frame differences under the doors between hybrid/ Eco?
I don't think there is any frame difference. The difference is that the Hybrid has a high voltage cable from the battery to the engine compartment and it runs through the spot where you would bolt on the running board.

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't think there is any frame difference. The difference is that the Hybrid has a high voltage cable from the battery to the engine compartment and it runs through the spot where you would bolt on the running board.
Since this truck is fairly rare for the aftermarket to get ahold of to make parts, us maverick owners are taking some risk buying parts that might fit one model but not tested on others as the case with the running boards you're after. Can you post a picture of your high voltage line running under the truck? I don't have a hybrid but if I can see the underside I can give you my professional engineering opinion. It's still a slight risk even if we determine the it will probably work as we're not the maker of the boards and can test fit to the hybrid to confirm. I just have a feeling you're not going to get a definitive answer.

CAA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a new Maverick XLT Hybrid and ordered a set of Sep Bars from Amazon. Was not aware of the Hybrid issue until after they arrived, however the bars (made and sold byMaxMate) stated they were compatible with the Hybrid Maverick.

So I unboxed and organized them on my shop bench and commenced to install them. The instructions state there are two sets of parts included in the box. This includes 2 each 8MM nutplates 2 8-1, 2 washers and 2 lock washers 25mmx35mm hex bolts.

Then you are supposed to inset the nutplate into the hole where the S bolts would go on the non hybrid vehicles (they do not fit due to the battery location on the hybrid models). Only I could not figure out how to get these nutplates inside the hole. The instructions are not very clear about how to accomplish this. I was about to give up and send this whole mess back to Amazon. After thinking about it, I decided to use 8MM Nutserts instead. These are large nutserts, and probably most folks don't have the equipment to install them, but if you can beg, borrow or steal an installer, this will work.

I made a doubler out of a steel finder washer, drilled it out so ot would fit on the nutsert. I then manipulated the nutsert and washer into the holes and pressed them in. This worked and seems plenty strong, at least as strong as the nutplates would have been. You could also drill out two more holes in the support and add one or to additional nutsurts for additional strength, but I just used two.

I then bolted the support bracket to the nutserts and the rest of the install is just like on the non hybrid Maverick. The drivers side does not have the battery issue and is installed same as the non hybrid.

If you have access to a nutsert installation tool, this makes this job do able.

OP
OP
Spook

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CAA, I appreciate your comments and if I was 20 years younger, I would give it a shot. However, my age and physical condition prevent me from crawling under the truck like I used to do. I don't even change the oil myself any more. I have a place that will install them for me but will not make modifications like you did. They have to be bolt on.
I went through a bunch of ads for nerf bars and running boards the they all said they were for all models. I don't trust that and don't want to be sending things back after unpacking and finding out they won't fit.
If a vendor specifically says their product fits the Hybrid mdel, I will buy it. I am still waiting.
Sponsored