First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone else experienced this lately? I went to go wash my Maverick one day when all of a sudden the driver and passenger-side roof moldings came detached. There's a stubby piece that sticks out from above the roof molding. No matter how much I try to pry it in, it won't fit flush anymore. I have a service appointment this Friday to have them replace the driver-side as they temporarily shimmied it in place. Since the dealer was unsatisfied with the fitment, they decided to order the whole assembly and replace it no charge. However, now the passenger-side is doing the same thing. I'll have to order that next.

Ford Maverick Roof Molding Factory Defect 20220525_201628

Ford Maverick Roof Molding Factory Defect 20220525_201722

I know it's very hard to make out and it's something superficial but the fact that this isn't supposed to happen is the reason why I'm addressing it. I feel like the factory cheaped out badly on the rubber used for the roof molding and detach very easily with little contact. Down below is what it's supposed to look like (driver's side)

Ford Maverick Roof Molding Factory Defect 20220525_201738
Ford Maverick Roof Molding Factory Defect 20220525_201743

Mine isn't the only doing this either. Just out of curiosity, I went to my Ford dealership knowing that a couple of the employees have Mavericks as well. They're both Lariat First Editions and sure enough, they have the exact same issue. Both are on the passenger-side, except theirs were detached more severely than mine. I don't have pictures since I don't want to photograph somebody else's car out of respect. So this tells me it might be a factory defect. Has anyone else experienced this or am I just being too nitpicky and need to suck it up and move on?
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for posting. Another thing to look out for when my Maverick arrives.

mikey44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2021 Chevrolet Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone else experienced this lately? I went to go wash my Maverick one day when all of a sudden the driver and passenger-side roof moldings came detached. There's a stubby piece that sticks out from above the roof molding. No matter how much I try to pry it in, it won't fit flush anymore. I have a service appointment this Friday to have them replace the driver-side as they temporarily shimmied it in place. Since the dealer was unsatisfied with the fitment, they decided to order the whole assembly and replace it no charge. However, now the passenger-side is doing the same thing. I'll have to order that next.

20220525_201628.jpg

20220525_201722.jpg

I know it's very hard to make out and it's something superficial but the fact that this isn't supposed to happen is the reason why I'm addressing it. I feel like the factory cheaped out badly on the rubber used for the roof molding and detach very easily with little contact. Down below is what it's supposed to look like (driver's side)

20220525_201738.jpg
20220525_201743.jpg

Mine isn't the only doing this either. Just out of curiosity, I went to my Ford dealership knowing that a couple of the employees have Mavericks as well. They're both Lariat First Editions and sure enough, they have the exact same issue. Both are on the passenger-side, except theirs were detached more severely than mine. I don't have pictures since I don't want to photograph somebody else's car out of respect. So this tells me it might be a factory defect. Has anyone else experienced this or am I just being too nitpicky and need to suck it up and move on?
I had the same thing on my XLT on driver side. Rather than dick around with the dealer, I just super-glued it in place. Problem solved.

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same thing on my XLT on driver side. Rather than dick around with the dealer, I just super-glued it in place. Problem solved.
I would be concerned with water/rain entering and screwing up the headliner.....take it to the dealer!

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was applying ceramic wax when I noticed it on both sides too. slapped on some clear sealant adhesive and called it a day.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes quite a few people have had this problem and the headliner needs removed to fix (replacement is bolted)

Ford Maverick Roof Molding Factory Defect 86BE7F7E-71D5-4CD1-AE47-E4BF95056B69

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even when those are attached properly, water flows under the rubber strips and drains toward the back and down behind the vertical plastic. I don’t think it’s a water seal that could affect the headliner. I taped it in place with double sided tape and dumped water on top of the car. No leaks inside

anyone else have insight?

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is happening to a lot of the Mavericks. I believe it’s there for cosmetic looks.
It has nothing to do with water getting in. I put a little gorilla glue on the tab and shoved one of mine back in. No leaks.
Bad design expecting a little tab to hold that.
Between car washes and air going over the cab how did they think these would hold.
You would be better off just gluing the tab and shoving it back in with a little flat blade.

Bstar75

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Yes, I have the same problem with roof molding at 2k miles! Took to dealer and they ordered a new piece, however, said it was on back order for 2 months!

Ford Maverick Roof Molding Factory Defect 5EDC80E4-C3C6-4AA5-BD0B-BE062C2DAAEA

FESTUS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

mine is doind it also on driver side i have an oil change appointment coming up will let the dealer know then

Sponsored

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is happening to a lot of the Mavericks. I believe it’s there for cosmetic looks.
It has nothing to do with water getting in. I put a little gorilla glue on the tab and shoved one of mine back in. No leaks.
Bad design expecting a little tab to hold that.
Between car washes and air going over the cab how did they think these would hold.
You would be better off just gluing the tab and shoving it back in with a little flat blade.
And if you get it fixed by the dealer it will happen in a few weeks again. The part is not built to last more than a month. Plus you’ll get the truck back with a dirty headliner, some plastic clips not fitting back where they were on one of six pillars that need to come out, or a future issue with something.

Dochatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, 2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully this issue will be resolved at the factory ASAP. Sounds like to many are getting through.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided

20220525_201628.jpg

20220525_201722.jpg

20220525_201738.jpg
20220525_201743.jpg

Hello, Connor! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, Connor! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
Should we all do that?! I mean, I think this is standard fare for that part - it just isn't designed well, but got a shoulder shrug from me.

avane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Impreza 5-dr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've read and learned from other posts, I don't think this trim actually prevents water from entering in and is more acoustical related potentially.

Either way though, I don't think having the dealer just replace the part will fix it long term...it'll just happen again over time unless they redesign that part altogether.
Sponsored