FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those interested in adding a roof rack. Have we seen anything confirmation of load limits for the roof with or without the moonroof?
Sponsored

Scooter66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Escape is 100 Lbs. from what I seen. I was hoping that a Rhino Backbone system could fit on the Maverick but too early to tell.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It would be limited by the weight limit specified by the manufacture of the cross bars. The roof of a vehicle will support a lot of weight at the edges which is where the roof rack typically mounts.

RicksMav

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Transit Connect
I too am interested in this. Will be using this as a work vehicle.

Sponsored

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Does anyone know/can confirm there are actual mounting points on the roof for a rack? My dealer couldn't confirm that for me, and I am not very keen on running a clamp-on style rack between the roof and the doors as they absolutely wreck the weather sealing. I'm hoping to pair a roof rack with a bed rack to be able to stably carry longer SUPs, kayaks, canoes.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
It would be limited by the weight limit specified by the manufacture of the cross bars. The roof of a vehicle will support a lot of weight at the edges which is where the roof rack typically mounts.
This is true but that weight supporting ability is while static. The ratings are always different for dynamic which usually 100-200 lbs, and off-road is even less at usually half of the dynamic rating.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Ford Escape is 100 Lbs. from what I seen. I was hoping that a Rhino Backbone system could fit on the Maverick but too early to tell.
I would not mount a Rhino Backbone. They are usually held on by pop rivets which is barely enough to hold on the rack itself. There are several YouTube videos from the aussies of them failing.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Does anyone know/can confirm there are actual mounting points on the roof for a rack? My dealer couldn't confirm that for me, and I am not very keen on running a clamp-on style rack between the roof and the doors as they absolutely wreck the weather sealing. I'm hoping to pair a roof rack with a bed rack to be able to stably carry longer SUPs, kayaks, canoes.
I’d suggest reaching out to Spider No-Drill and see if he’ll be making one. The owner is an aerospace engineer that can make roof racks that do not require drilling into the roof or clamping around the roof and ruining your seals.

ToyotaTurncoat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road
For what it's worth, I've been running Thule roof racks on my Tacoma for over three years and have no damage to the seals. Maybe they interface with various cars/truck models differently, but I haven't had a problem.

Sponsored

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I’d suggest reaching out to Spider No-Drill and see if he’ll be making one. The owner is an aerospace engineer that can make roof racks that do not require drilling into the roof or clamping around the roof and ruining your seals.
I did reach out to them. They said I could bring it by their shop for a custom build 😂

mcarneybsa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
For what it's worth, I've been running Thule roof racks on my Tacoma for over three years and have no damage to the seals. Maybe they interface with various cars/truck models differently, but I haven't had a problem.
Good to know. We have a cheap Sport Rack from eTrailer on my wife's civic and you can see where it's stressing the seals quite a bit. So far no leakage I'm aware of, but we live in the desert, so not a lot of water to test it with.

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did anyone ever figure this out or maybe in another thread? Just very curious about the specs. I have a 2023 XLT on order and plan to use this for work and I will be putting a roof rack in combo with a bed rack to haul medium/light loads of long lumber/trim material. So just curious about the actual Maverick roof weight capacity vs what the installed rack itself can handle.

First Name
Gregor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 subaru outback 2.5i, 93 Ford ranger XLT LB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
🤯 how does he do it?? Gecko feet? Spider toes?? Seriously need to know more!

First Name
Gregor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 subaru outback 2.5i, 93 Ford ranger XLT LB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did anyone ever figure this out or maybe in another thread? Just very curious about the specs. I have a 2023 XLT on order and plan to use this for work and I will be putting a roof rack in combo with a bed rack to haul medium/light loads of long lumber/trim material. So just curious about the actual Maverick roof weight capacity vs what the installed rack itself can handle.
Yakima roof racks state 600lbs static load and 165lbs dynamic. Thats not a lot of lumber😕 maybe bed mounted racks can handle more dynamic load? They must.
Sponsored