First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Headliner, antenna, dome light removal - Thread starter Wilbur Start date Oct 20, 2023
Wilbur
2.5L Hybrid
#2 https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-antenna-dome-light-removal.38544/post-690440

The wiring along the rear of the ceiling and back wall of the cab:
Ford Maverick Swapping out roof Antenna Roof Mounted Antenna Cables, Connectors - Wilbur

#17 https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-antenna-dome-light-removal.38544/post-690588

Here are some antenna innards.
Ford Maverick Swapping out roof Antenna Antenna Innards - Wilbur

Ford Maverick Swapping out roof Antenna Antenna Connectors at Roof Mounted Antenna - Purple Cellular-TCU - Wilbur

TCU Connectors - 2023 Maverick:
Ford Maverick Swapping out roof Antenna TCU Connectors - 2023 Maverick 2.5L

Roof Mounted Antenna

AM/FM1 Antenna
The AM / FM 1 antenna (also called the audio unit antenna) is integrated into the roof mounted antenna.
It receives AM / FM / DAB radio waves and sends them through the antenna amplifier to the ACM via the AM / FM 1 antenna coaxial cable.

GPS/Satellite Radio Antenna
The GPS /satellite radio antenna contains a GPS antenna circuit board that receives radio waves containing GPS and satellite radio data and is integrated into the roof mounted antenna. The data is sent through the GPS /satellite radio antenna coaxial cable to the APIM ( GPS data) and through a splitter (if equipped) to the ACM (satellite radio data).

Primary Cellular Antenna
If equipped, the GPS /satellite radio antenna contains a cellular antenna circuit board that receives radio waves containing cellular data. The data is sent through the cellular antenna coaxial cable to the TCU .

Secondary Cellular Antenna
The secondary cellular antenna boosts reception for incoming and outgoing cellular network data. It is a compact, cellular phone type, planar inverted-F antenna.

Vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot (Vehicles Not Equipped With SYNC 3) (if equipped)

The TCU provides the vehicle Wi-Fi access point.
The TCU communicates to the cellular network by two means. The primary connection is through the cable to the primary cellular antenna incorporated into the roof mounted antenna. The secondary means is through the cable to the secondary cellular ( TCU ) antenna.

The primary means of communication between the TCU and the cellular network uses the primary cellular antenna integrated into the roof mounted antenna. A separate coaxial cable connects the cellular portion of the antenna to the TCU . The secondary means of communication between the TCU and the cellular network is the secondary cellular antenna. The secondary cellular antenna (located forward of the IPC ) connects to the TCU via a coaxial cable.

Ford Maverick Swapping out roof Antenna GPS, AM-FM, Primary Cellular Antenna Connectors at Roof Mounted Antenna
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rokan

Rokan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
Undecided
I apologize because I tried to find the post but I am struggling, where someone very knowledgeable has made a few scarce comments about this stuff. It's like the one thing they come on the forum to do, and their post on this issue was very informative. I've searched and searched and nothing is showing up, and sometimes we get lucky with the "similar threads" below the comment section here but it's not coming up with the results to clarify what that 3rd wire does. I'll keep an eye out or maybe that person will show up in this thread eventually and help shed some light on the issue for us.
The only thing I was able to come up with for sure is that there are two types of maverick antennas. One with satellite interface and cell interface and one without this more then likely is a lariat vs every other trim. In this link I found ford oem that specifies an antenna w/o cell and sat interface and in the blueprint pic it only shows one connector.
I’ll know for sure in two weeks when I take delivery of my truck I don’t even have it yet.
https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford_2023_Maverick/Radio-Antenna-Base/103063137/MCPZ18936A.html

OP
OP
Rokan

Rokan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
Undecided
Headliner, antenna, dome light removal - Thread starter Wilbur Start date Oct 20, 2023
Wilbur
2.5L Hybrid
#2 https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-antenna-dome-light-removal.38544/post-690440

The wiring along the rear of the ceiling and back wall of the cab:
Roof Mounted Antenna Cables, Connectors - Wilbur.jpg

#17 https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-antenna-dome-light-removal.38544/post-690588

Here are some antenna innards.
Antenna Innards - Wilbur.jpg

Antenna Connectors at Roof Mounted Antenna - Purple Cellular-TCU - Wilbur.jpg

TCU Connectors - 2023 Maverick:
TCU Connectors - 2023 Maverick 2.5L.jpg

Roof Mounted Antenna

AM/FM1 Antenna
The AM / FM 1 antenna (also called the audio unit antenna) is integrated into the roof mounted antenna.
It receives AM / FM / DAB radio waves and sends them through the antenna amplifier to the ACM via the AM / FM 1 antenna coaxial cable.

GPS/Satellite Radio Antenna
The GPS /satellite radio antenna contains a GPS antenna circuit board that receives radio waves containing GPS and satellite radio data and is integrated into the roof mounted antenna. The data is sent through the GPS /satellite radio antenna coaxial cable to the APIM ( GPS data) and through a splitter (if equipped) to the ACM (satellite radio data).

Primary Cellular Antenna
If equipped, the GPS /satellite radio antenna contains a cellular antenna circuit board that receives radio waves containing cellular data. The data is sent through the cellular antenna coaxial cable to the TCU .

Secondary Cellular Antenna
The secondary cellular antenna boosts reception for incoming and outgoing cellular network data. It is a compact, cellular phone type, planar inverted-F antenna.

Vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot (Vehicles Not Equipped With SYNC 3) (if equipped)

The TCU provides the vehicle Wi-Fi access point.
The TCU communicates to the cellular network by two means. The primary connection is through the cable to the primary cellular antenna incorporated into the roof mounted antenna. The secondary means is through the cable to the secondary cellular ( TCU ) antenna.

The primary means of communication between the TCU and the cellular network uses the primary cellular antenna integrated into the roof mounted antenna. A separate coaxial cable connects the cellular portion of the antenna to the TCU . The secondary means of communication between the TCU and the cellular network is the secondary cellular antenna. The secondary cellular antenna (located forward of the IPC ) connects to the TCU via a coaxial cable.

GPS, AM-FM, Primary Cellular Antenna Connectors at Roof Mounted Antenna.jpg
Whoa this is pure gold thanks. This explains everything. Great find thanks for sharing.
Sponsored