Jfonseca11

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Hey guys,
I recently went to the dealer and ordered a XLT Lux package Maverick. 2 days later I got an email from Ford saying my order has been confirmed. I’m reading a lot about Markups and it’s connected to whether your order is retail or stock?
they did take my license and I signed a form but other than the online print out that I got. I did not get anything with a Vin or any other form stating the MSRP. I’m a little concerned when the truck gets built and delivered I’ll be surprised with a markup.
Sponsored

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
You got that right, don't sign nothing until you get a firm price commitment. Ford is on the up and up, which is why they are charging the rules, they realize the dealers will try to make bank. Try to communicate as much as you can with Ford and not the dealer, they'll tell you anything. And lie through their teeth.

Hang in there someone will come along and explain it to you what you have to get.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds like they did the order correctly and you got the confirmed email. The document you signed should have had the price. Go back and get them to print another one and put “no ADM” and sign it.

you won’t get a VIN until the build is scheduled. That could be a while…

OP
OP

Jfonseca11

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
It sounds like they did the order correctly and you got the confirmed email. The document you signed should have had the price. Go back and get them to print another one and put “no ADM” and sign it.

you won’t get a VIN until the build is scheduled. That could be a while…
Is that have them put “no ADM” on it?
I’ve never bought a car through a dealership. I legit thought you order the car, you pay the MSRP and whatever add one and then get your APR and typical fees and done deal. No hassle of being ripped off.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is that have them put “no ADM” on it?
I’ve never bought a car through a dealership. I legit thought you order the car, you pay the MSRP and whatever add one and then get your APR and typical fees and done deal. No hassle of being ripped off.
Yes have them write no ADM (additional dealer markup) and they should sign it for you to keep. This is really due to low stock and dealers having the ability to charge 2-20 plus thousand for various vehicles over MSRP.

there are still plenty of dealers that will scam the shit out of you. Between doc fees, pin stripe fees, dealer wash fees, rip off accessories, and especially the finance office.

You should have a finance plan before going in the dealer. For example knowing you will do their current promotion or already be approved for low APR loan through your choice bank.

Last edited:

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The important document is the Vehicle Buyer's Order. (It may be called something else, but that is the usual name.) It should contain the description of the vehicle you will buy and the price you will pay for it.

A buyer's order signed by both parties (buyer and seller) is a legally binding contract.

Neither side is free to change the terms. However, there may be clauses in the contract that allow one side or the other to get out if certain things happen. (For example, my vehicle buyer's order contains a clause saying that if I don't like the performance of the hybrid I can cancel the purchase.)

Here are some websites that discuss this issue:

Buyer's Order for Car: Everything You Need to Know (caranddriver.com)
- GoodToKnow - Willis-Knighton Federal Credit Union - Credit Union - Shreveport - Bossier City (wkfcu.org)
What Is a Buyer’s Order? | Auto Credit Express
What Is a Buyer's Order? (reference.com)
Sponsored