Sponsored

Removing Visor Stickers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone tried to remove the giant stickers on the visors? Curious what success you had?

It appears to be a vinyl decal on a hard plastic. I’d hope it will come off clean without leaving a permanent residue/discoloration.

Ford Maverick Removing Visor Stickers 4F830EDF-48A1-4204-8B74-D13917618035
Ford Maverick Removing Visor Stickers 83A33D2E-405E-41FE-BC0E-4C613813324F
Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried to remove the giant stickers on the visors? Curious what success you had?

It appears to be a vinyl decal on a hard plastic. I’d hope it will come off clean without leaving a permanent residue/discoloration.

4F830EDF-48A1-4204-8B74-D13917618035.jpeg
83A33D2E-405E-41FE-BC0E-4C613813324F.jpeg
Nope. They were annoying for the first 15 years or so, then I got over it. But if anybody comes up with a clean, non-marking, and easy way, I'd love to try it.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will remove them as soon as I get my truck. Which based on scheduling today looks like never

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took some off decades ago. It was "just ok" didn't look very good.
Tried a few years ago(08 mkx)
A very VERY BAD IDEA! :eek::poop:
Lesson Learned o_O

Sponsored

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried on an 08 frontier, had soft visors, left a horrible fuzzy square where they were. Won’t try that again

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

4F830EDF-48A1-4204-8B74-D13917618035.jpeg
83A33D2E-405E-41FE-BC0E-4C613813324F.jpeg
Typically with stickers like this you are better off removing them sooner rather than later, discoloration takes time, so the sooner the better. I normally take a flat plastic tool (basically a flat chisel) to make sure that the sticker doesn't rip, if you allow the sticker to rip that's when things get difficult. I use the chisel to get a corner off and then run it along the surfaces making contact with slight pressure while I gradually pull it off. If the sticker doesn't rip all that will be left when you pull it off is sticker residue. Then you use some goo-gone to remove that and it should look like nothing was ever there.

Pelster94

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Typically with stickers like this you are better off removing them sooner rather than later, discoloration takes time, so the sooner the better. I normally take a flat plastic tool (basically a flat chisel) to make sure that the sticker doesn't rip, if you allow the sticker to rip that's when things get difficult. I use the chisel to get a corner off and then run it along the surfaces making contact with slight pressure while I gradually pull it off. If the sticker doesn't rip all that will be left when you pull it off is sticker residue. Then you use some goo-gone to remove that and it should look like nothing was ever there.
This is for hard surfaces BTW. I wouldn't touch a sticker on a soft surface because it will undoubtedly look bad in the end.

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On darker interiors I will get color matching sticker or tape to cover up the warning labels. Lighter interiors is harder to color match so it doesn't looks bad. Even just a solid color or visor cover would look better than the warning label.

Ripping off is not really an option on these that I have found. :(

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is akin to how Ruger roll stamps warnings all over their guns. Unnecessary.
They're there because of our ancestors who didn't wear their seatbelts in cars with airbags or drove recklessly in top heavy vehicles that sued after they had an accident. Same with the Ruger.

Sponsored

thunaman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
remove them like I remove the stickers on items I buy at Ross. using a heat gun, or a blow dryer apply heat to the entire front of the sticker. this allows the adhesive to soften. then with your fingernail get under a corner and pull gently it should remove the sticker and MOST of the adhesive. on the mirror cover use some goof off to remove any remaining residue. on the cloth side you can try the goof off but it is a petroleum biased product and my leave residue of its own. I would try some liquid dish soap, this may be a better option. if it were me, I would remove the Visor completely before trying any of this.

Good Luck.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if replacement visors would come with stickers already in place.

Not planning on ordering any, or reccomending it to anyone else.

Just curious.

US_Tanker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used Plasti Dip to cover up the visor stickers in my Mustang. It turned out really well. I just removed the visors from the car, masked off the parts I didn't want to paint, and then sprayed a few thin coats over the stickers. It's been almost 4 years, and they still look great. I have a black interior and the the regular black plastidip matched pretty well. They make a tan color too.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
As much as I don't care for them (on more than one level), unless I was 100% certain that they can be removed without a trace, I would just learn to live with it.
Sponsored