Reminder for everyone as Mavericks get bought: there will be issues

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I would just like to remind all of us that as the trucks get delivered and purchased that there will be issues that need to get fixed for those of you who are able to purchase your right now continue to let us know what issues you have so we can check ours but dont be overally down about it, remember we signed up for this. For those of us who are still waiting, dont run from the purchase because of a few startup issues, again remember we signed up for this.

Edit: since it seems i need to add this im not talking about major defect flaws that follow the trucks name around. Im talking about minor defects that random people or maybe even a few in a group find.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, I didn't "sign up for this." I've purchased several new cars and trucks over the years, and I can't think of one that required me to lower my expectations as you're suggesting. Ford has been making vehicles for a LONG time, and I'm not expecting my Maverick to have a bunch of flaws. If it does, I'll get them fixed under warranty--and then sell it quickly if I'm not happy. But if it's a solid and reliable truck, I plan on keeping it for many years.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would just like to remind all of us that as the trucks get delivered and purchased that there will be issues that need to get fixed for those of you who are able to purchase your right now continue to let us know what issues you have so we can check ours but dont be overally down about it, remember we signed up for this. For those of us who are still waiting, dont run from the purchase because of a few startup issues, again remember we signed up for this.
This seems like such a strange post. Are you commenting about something specific? Do you really expect to have beta type issues with your truck? Most beta tests I've been a part of I get some sort of discount. I'm paying MSRP, though. I wasn't asked by Ford to be a tester, I ordered a vehicle for purchase.

I guess I just don't understand why you're posting this. Can you please elaborate?

OP
OP

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
This seems like such a strange post. Are you commenting about something specific? Do you really expect to have beta type issues with your truck? Most beta tests I've been a part of I get some sort of discount. I'm paying MSRP, though. I wasn't asked by Ford to be a tester, I ordered a vehicle for purchase.

I guess I just don't understand why you're posting this. Can you please elaborate?

Sure simple little stuff like the guy who posted that the weather strip in his door wasnt seated properly nothing major but little things its inevitable that theres gonna be people who end up with minor defects and just wanted to remind people that its nothing to freak out about.

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
I would just like to remind all of us that as the trucks get delivered and purchased that there will be issues...
For some, perhaps, but my, rather similar, Escape was built Jan 8, 2020, and it's been fine to 30K miles. There have been TSBs and recalls, but for little things. I did some just to stay in configuration.

My only "failure" had teeth marks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vulcan9988

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
No, I didn't "sign up for this." I've purchased several new cars and trucks over the years, and I can't think of one that required me to lower my expectations as you're suggesting. Ford has been making vehicles for a LONG time, and I'm not expecting my Maverick to have a bunch of flaws. If it does, I'll get them fixed under warranty--and then sell it quickly if I'm not happy. But if it's a solid and reliable truck, I plan on keeping it for many years.
Im not asking you to lower any expectations never indicated that the stuff i was talking about was major either im talking about little stuff that in a large group like this, on the internet, has the chance to get blown out of proportion. Take the most recent weather strip issue a guy had and posted about. Its nothing major heck he might be able to fix it himself, its inevitable that theres gonna be people who end up with minor defects and just wanted to remind people that its nothing to freak out about.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im not asking you to lower any expectations never indicated that the stuff i was talking about was major either im talking about little stuff that in a large group like this, on the internet, has the chance to get blown out of proportion. Take the most recent weather strip issue a guy had and posted about. Its nothing major heck he might be able to fix it himself, its inevitable that theres gonna be people who end up with minor defects and just wanted to remind people that its nothing to freak out about.
Thanks for holding our hands, mom. ;)

staryoshi

First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Chevrolet Colorado
We're not beta testers, when there are issues, we're gonna hear about it, and rightfully so.

Just have to keep in mind that this forum is a tiny subset of the total number of owners and is not indicative of quality/reliability.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every car forum has the same three threads...

1) Seats are uncomfortable
2) Highway vibration
3) Transmission sucks

I've noticed this is a recurring theme everywhere. And I've been a part of forums for Acura, Porsche, Toyota, Mercedes, Infiniti, Lexus, Kia and Volvo.

If you base your expectations on research from car forums, you will never feel confident in any purchase you make.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only if you cut it into the shape of a Maverick, with blueberry jam (or whatever is closest to Velocity Blue).
Now there's an idea for those 3D printer folks out there; a cookie cutter in the shape of a Maverick. You'll sell hundreds of 'em!

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is kind of the point of car forums- to talk about issues. We don't need to see any more YouTube advertisements😈

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid