First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the Redline Tuning 21-11041-02 hood struts I installed on my Lariat as you only have to remove one hood bolt (for each side) to install the strut brackets lessening the chance of misaligning the hood. HINT: although the struts can go on either side, be cognizant of the lettering on the struts when installing. I installed mine with the lettering reading upside down (which bothered me) so I took them off (not easy) to switch sides.

The DEE ZEE DZ43207 tailgate assist comes with dried thread locker on the mounting bolt which makes installation more difficult than it already is. HINT: Thread the mounting bolt onto the tailgate fastener (using adjustable wrench to hold fastener and a T30 Torx for bolt) to break the thread lock. Clean the bolt threads. Insert bolt through mounting plate per instructions and apply new thread lock. You now have about 10 minutes before it hardens. Thread on the tailgate fastener and tighten it down leaving about an 1/8" gap-the width of the tailgate. Install per instructions. It went quickly for me. I bought both of these items from Amazon.

Sponsored

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed Dee Zee assist and it was working good until the cold hit. Now my tailgate is actually sticking half way down. Anyone else seeing this?

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my tailgate stops halfway down it's because the cable is caught.

OP
OP
Jazzjms

Jazzjms

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Dee Zee assist is really stiff with the cold but eventually will lower the tailgate. It has been -30° (with wind chill) overnight lately. The high yesterday was 2° and today a balmy 4°. I’m guessing the gas or whatever is in the shock collapses with the cold.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Dee Zee assist is really stiff with the cold but eventually will lower the tailgate. It has been -30° (with wind chill) overnight lately. The high yesterday was 2° and today a balmy 4°. I’m guessing the gas or whatever is in the shock collapses with the cold.
Dayum -30° I cant even imagine cold like that. We had negative 8° in west Texas 2 years ago and almost froze to death.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the Dee Zee tailgate and the RedLine Tuning hood struts also. Very pleased with both of them
Sponsored