AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have it installed on the lower grill? No issues with it blocking the intercooler?
Yep, it's on the lower grill and certainly does sit in front of the FMIC as a previous user suggested. But, I'm willing to roll the dice and can report back in warmer temperatures if there is any negative effect observed. It does not sit flush to the bumper/grill as the spacer provided gives enough room for air to circulate behind of course it's not forced directly in as designed.
Sponsored

OniZanza

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't want to screw into my bumper so i just attached it to the grill with zip ties.

Photo 1 is the best you can do with no trimming
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 20230329_130215

You can move it towards the end if you trimm the plastic so it fits around the taper
Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 20230329_131742_capture

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thought about the front plate for a while and decided to be like a Tesla owner and stick my plate under the driver's seat. I don't drive like a maniac so my chances of getting pulled over are minimized.

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought one in Michigan with no bracket. Have to have front LP in TX, so bought one from dealer, but used black zip ties to fasten it and it worked fantastic on XLT. Just picked up Lariat this week and attached the one the dealer put inside the truck the same way. it was a piece of cake and very sturdy.

Xecizor

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick - Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you just screw the plate to the plastic on the hybrid that covers where the tow hook would be?

I think my Jeep just had the plate screwed to the plastic bumper
That's what I did on mine. I added some double sided automotive tape incase it would rattle.

Ford Maverick Recommendation on front license plate holder 20230430_193517

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't want to screw into my bumper so i just attached it to the grill with zip ties.

Photo 1 is the best you can do with no trimming
20230329_130215.jpg

You can move it towards the end if you trimm the plastic so it fits around the taper
20230329_131742_capture.jpg
I like this option. We have tons of zip ties. Only caveat is the zip ties tend to fall apart here in Hawaii, so maybe check annually.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the state of Wisconsin have inspections for equipment compliance on motor vehicles? The reason I ask is I am a retired law enforcement officer from Ohio. Until recently, we had 2 license plate requirement in our state. We primarily used the violation to stop cars due to suspicious behavior (leaving high drug areas, residential areas at night where burglaries or car break ins were occurring, etc.). As a traffic enforcement officer/interdiction officer, I also used the no front license plate violation to cut people some slack when I stopped them for speed and they had a clean driving record. By citing them for no front plate, they didn't get a moving violation citation which added points to their license and increased their insurance. I can't speak for other LE, but I can say in 22 years I never stopped a vehicle for only have 1 license plate unless other circumstances were present....just my two cents. I wouldn't add it to the vehicle at all but keep it inside incase you get stopped. I actually did run into a couple instances where stopping high end sports cars (Ferrari, Lambo) where the manufactures don't even offer a front license plate bracket. Good luck with your new Maverick.
I bet those lambos were speeding😂

Dashcamguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Crosstek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP