First Name
Franny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang, 20 Lincoln Aviator, 23 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also removed both of them and stored them behind the rear seat. Made a big difference.

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Benefit of being a truck driver for over 30 years. I hardly use my rear view mirror because I don't have one in my tractor. Side mirrors are all I need.
I had a 1968 Falcon that didn't even have a right side mirror and my 1969 Ranchero had one but it was pretty much useless. Had to use the inside mirror on most of my earlier vehicles and when driving customer cars.

The standard non Blis outside mirrors with the spots on my Maverick are great IMO. I still use the inside mirror from habit. I forget that I have a rear camera most of the time.

Sponsored

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed the rear headrest on the right. This reduces the blindspots when trying to pull out into traffic. Anybody else do this or am I weird.
Rear visibility is horrible in my mav compared to my ram,even with the tailgate down. Getting used to the camera,which my old ram doesn't have.had to get guide poles to back my boat in because I can't see it.

Big C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed the rear headrest on the right. This reduces the blindspots when trying to pull out into traffic. Anybody else do this or am I weird.
I removed both of mine and put them in a plastic bag under my rear seat. I noticed lack of visibility in the corners when looking in the rear view mirror

pmav23

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat w/ Lux + BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had to remove both of mine in order to fit my kids car seats and it makes the visibility much better. However, if you were an adult passenger sitting there, a rear-end accident would likely make your head hit the glass if the headrest wasn't there. Just a thought.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I removed all 3 rear headrests and stored them under the back seat. Easy to put back for occasional rear seat passenger(s).

Having driven (& parallel-parked) a window-less work van in city traffic for years, I mostly use the side mirrors; the center rearview mirror, not so much. But I do like having the rear headrests out of the way.
Sponsored