Sponsored

Rear seating space?

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
I'm married with 3 kids 2, 7 and 16 and I'm concerned about the rear seat space. I currently own a 2017 VW Golf Sportwagen and a 2012 VW Routan but want to add a Maverick soon. For rear seat space, I know the Maverick won't match the Routan, but I'm hoping it will at least match or exceed that of the Golf Sportwagen. Can we put a rear facing seat in the middle and still accommodate two others?
Sponsored

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
I think so. Go sit in a 2021 ford ranger and decide. The maverick cab is a little bigger than that.

FindingYOUphoria

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say yes, likely. it looked small. But I adjusted my Drivers seat, then sat behind the drivers seat and there was a surprising amount of room. I am 5'10". Car seats are wide, so I cannot say for sure. The ranger is smaller in the back(as mentioned above), so if that works, then you should be good with the Maverick.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I'm married with 3 kids 2, 7 and 16 and I'm concerned about the rear seat space. I currently own a 2017 VW Golf Sportwagen and a 2012 VW Routan but want to add a Maverick soon. For rear seat space, I know the Maverick won't match the Routan, but I'm hoping it will at least match or exceed that of the Golf Sportwagen. Can we put a rear facing seat in the middle and still accommodate two others?
I would reach out to some dealers and try to catch one on the lot before it is sold. If you Google the topic you will find several threads and even pictures, but hands on testing would be best.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it possible? Probably but your 16 year old will be miserable and your front seats will need to be pushed forward. a decent bit.

I have 3 kids (3,5,7) with two in boosters with the backs and the other in a slimmer forward facing 5 point. I can fit all 3 seats in the back of my Forester. I did not take the time to test but it appears that they will also fit 3 across in the Maverick. The Mav does have 3 latch points on the back of the truck behind the seat which is nice because my youngest sits in the middle.

Leg room is not as good as the forester but you sit more upright so maybe you don't need as much. I'm 6'1 and when I position the drivers seat for what I liked I was able to get in and sit comfortably behind the seat. The seats are scalloped BUT the center console obviously is not. This is where the center rear is the big loser. It will work for NOW with my 3 year old but she already makes me mad when she slides as far down as she can and kicks the center console now.

She's going to be squeezed for space the older she gets.

Sponsored

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WE have 3 daughters also 22,16,10 they fit in the back of my 2003 Tundra (which has less room), its OK for around town but would be too small for a trip out of town, The Mav has much better room in the back so I see no problem.

That said my wife has a 3 row Ford Explorer that we take most of the time.

perryair

First Name
perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sti
i sat in an xlt at my local dealer before the buyer picked it up, and i must say that for as much as i liked its overall size, accessibility of the bed, comfort in the front row that the rear seats legroom is definitely on the smaller side.

my wifes forester probably has a few inches more. as does my sti. at 5’10” my legs were just barely not touching the front seat and in the passenger side to feel like i had legroom i had to put the front passenger seat 2 clocks past whered id feel comfortable sitting up there.

obvs didnt test a carseat, im pretty sire you could fit a lot of the major brands backwards in newborn mode but i wouldnt expect the front seat to have loads of legroom.
Sponsored