First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It came with a transfer box that does something to bypass that problem of the guidelines on rearview cam going away, they stay. I just ran power cable to batt.,and pull rear taillight out to tap into reverse light wire. I have a 23 and even though this lightbar would fit under tailgate, it would have blocked access to spare. I also screw alum. angle into 6 existing screws, pulled them out and reused same screw
Sponsored

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any recommendations for a rear LED light bar? You know the kind, they plug into your trailer wiring and provide brake reverse and turn signals?

Surely , someone has found one that works on their new Maverick?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084Q54XWP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
This one works and does not effect the guidelines in your rearview camera. Had to mount under bumper ,otherwise it covers spare tire hole. 1 1/2" x1 1/2" alum angle.
Ford Maverick Rear LED light bar recommendations? 20230311_152409

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the MY22's (and presumably, the MY23's), there is a vertical lip on the bumper just below the tailgate. We mounted mine there, which got it low enough to be seen properly and, on a regular light bar, would avoid any conflict with the spare tire access. Since mine is a split Putco blade, someone would have to measure that lip to ensure it would take a 48" single bar.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first picture is a close-up of the bumper flange with the split bar mounted. Anything higher will not be directly visible (even standing 20-30 feet away), which reduces the usefulness of the bar. A full bar would cover the spare tire access, which I had thought was higher up until I took this picture.

The second picture shows the full bar. Each section in this case is 18", so you still get 36" of extra and very bright lighting.

Mine is installed with a Curt T-harness that is Maverick specific and saves having to splice into the factory taillight harness.

Ford Maverick Rear LED light bar recommendations? Bumper Flange

Ford Maverick Rear LED light bar recommendations? Split Putco

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first picture is a close-up of the bumper flange with the split bar mounted. Anything higher will not be directly visible (even standing 20-30 feet away), which reduces the usefulness of the bar. A full bar would cover the spare tire access, which I had thought was higher up until I took this picture.

The second picture shows the full bar. Each section in this case is 18", so you still get 36" of extra and very bright lighting.

Mine is installed with a Curt T-harness that is Maverick specific and saves having to splice into the factory taillight harness.

Bumper Flange.jpg

Split Putco.jpg
I just got out of H&H after 3 hours of them installing a Putco blade. It worked fine, but whenever I attempted to use the remote start, the left tail light didn't turn on. They hard-wired the blade directly to the lights wiring. Had to take it off because the left tail light would not turn on during remote start. Do you think adding this harness would've fixed the problem?

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got out of H&H after 3 hours of them installing a Putco blade. It worked fine, but whenever I attempted to use the remote start, the left tail light didn't turn on. They hard-wired the blade directly to the lights wiring. Had to take it off because the left tail light would not turn on during remote start. Do you think adding this harness would've fixed the problem?
I believe the Curt harness would have prevented that problem. I also think they wired something wrong and need to correct it.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
When I first saw this thread I was hoping that someone got the OEM roof spoiler and attached a chase bar to it.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/satin-black-rear-cab-spoiler

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074NVHHBN/

When I had my F-250, I installed a Back Rack and some 6" oval LED stop/tail/turn lights. I was told that it was a great improvement to being visible from the rear as well as letting traffic far behind know I was braking or signaling since those lights were high above the other vehicles.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bumper Flange.jpg

Split Putco.jpg
Do you mind linking me the harness? Thank you for your response!

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any recommendations for a rear LED light bar? You know the kind, they plug into your trailer wiring and provide brake reverse and turn signals?

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
49" LED Tailgate Light Bar + Signal Relay Box [Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 Super-Duty up to 2018] [Sequential Turn Signal] [Tail & Reverse Light] for Ford Pick-Up Trucks with Tow Package & BLIS. This plugs right into the trailer plug and does notmake the guidelines in the rearview cam disappear. I had to mount below my bumper on a 1 1/2" alum.angle bar . Will not fit properly under tailgate

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

'In all honesty, I've yet to see a rear light bar that looked good and/or made the vehicle that much more visible for turning or braking. I think Ford did good by making the Maverick's tail lights oversized (for the size of the truck). If you want more visibility then I would suggest replacing the standard incandescent bulbs with LED's and don't forget the one on over the cab.
Sponsored