TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
tried tapping into the tail light harness for my light bar, all i got was hazards working, maybe running too can't remember definitely no brake or turn signal. Anyone get this figured out?
Sponsored

fahrfrompuken

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
49" LED Tailgate Light Bar + Signal Relay Box [Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 Super-Duty up to 2018] [Sequential Turn Signal] [Tail & Reverse Light] for Ford Pick-Up Trucks with Tow Package & BLIS https://a.co/d/96BfgFd

This listing on Amazon ships with a module specifically for Ford. States that it works with Tow Package and BLIS.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the triple row opt 7 with sequential amber signals in 48 inch, hard wired to tail light harness, running lights works but signals and brakes don't work even though I'm detecting a current with voltmeter. Funny thing is it works just fine with the truck off, but when the truck is on all I get is running lights on the bar. Tested on an external 12v power source and it works as it should 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
49" LED Tailgate Light Bar + Signal Relay Box [Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 Super-Duty up to 2018] [Sequential Turn Signal] [Tail & Reverse Light] for Ford Pick-Up Trucks with Tow Package & BLIS https://a.co/d/96BfgFd

This listing on Amazon ships with a module specifically for Ford. States that it works with Tow Package and BLIS.
Has anyone here actually installed this? There appears to be no way to contact True Mods to verify the Maverick application or get support if there is an issue, other than e-mail. Amazon support is available but I can't see that being useful for this type of product.

Since they show a cutoff model year of 2018, it begs the question of whether Ford changed something for 2019 to current.

I have the triple row opt 7 with sequential amber signals in 48 inch, hard wired to tail light harness, running lights works but signals and brakes don't work even though I'm detecting a current with voltmeter. Funny thing is it works just fine with the truck off, but when the truck is on all I get is running lights on the bar. Tested on an external 12v power source and it works as it should 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
When I owned a truck accessories store, we sold a lot of the Putco light bars (and always hard-wired them to the taillight harness) but ran into numerous issues with later model Fords due to the wiring of the brake and turn signals. Putco tried a couple of redesigns on the light bar and eventually gave up, coming out with their Red Blade light bar specifically for Ford.

The problem was that the light bar couldn't distinguish between brake and turn signal since the Fords (going on memory here, so forgive any errors) used a single wire or source for both. Your symptoms sound a bit different from what I remember but the last time we sold anything other than a Red Blade for a new Ford was around 2017.

I just got off the phone with Putco and was told flatly that none of their light bars will work with the Maverick.

Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone here actually installed this? There appears to be no way to contact True Mods to verify the Maverick application or get support if there is an issue, other than e-mail. Amazon support is available but I can't see that being useful for this type of product.

Since they show a cutoff model year of 2018, it begs the question of whether Ford changed something for 2019 to current.

When I owned a truck accessories store, we sold a lot of the Putco light bars (and always hard-wired them to the taillight harness) but ran into numerous issues with later model Fords due to the wiring of the brake and turn signals. Putco tried a couple of redesigns on the light bar and eventually gave up, coming out with their Red Blade light bar specifically for Ford.

The problem was that the light bar couldn't distinguish between brake and turn signal since the Fords (going on memory here, so forgive any errors) used a single wire or source for both. Your symptoms sound a bit different from what I remember but the last time we sold anything other than a Red Blade for a new Ford was around 2017.

I just got off the phone with Putco and was told flatly that none of their light bars will work with the Maverick.
that’s unfortunate to hear…others have gotten tailgate light bars to work so I’m not sure if it’s just the opt7 having the issue, although when I bench tested it, it worked just fine. Even when hooked up to the 4 pin connector on the hitch it still exhibited the same behavior…it’s got me wondering if I was towing a trailer would those lights not function too? It really doesnt Make sense to me, testing the harness when it was hardwired into the taillights shows it’s getting 12 voltages for all functions. At first I thought I had read the pin out incorrectly and tapped the wrong wires but that is definitely not the case🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this message from:

Timothy L. (Online LED Store)

Jan 4, 2023, 12:39 PST

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortuantely, our tailgate light bar with signal relay box only works off of the trailer plug for Ford pick-ups up to 2018. Any models post 2018 would require the tailgate light bar to be spliced to the tail light circuit as powering it off of the trailer plug will result in the activation of trailer mode.

This is the case regardless of the make/model of the tailgate light bar you go with.

The only product that is semi plug-and-play is the BLADE offered by PUTCO. The include a Y splitter wiring harness that allows one to tap into the tail light circuits without cutting any wires. With this said, the option is not available for all trucks. And although they're the pioneer of such an item and has superb quality, the price point isn't suitable for everyone.

Sorry for not having a better answer. Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
regarding this light bar.

Putco has told me they do not have a light bar that works with the Maverick.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so got it to work, you need a power module even when tapping into the tail light harness. There's 3 that I found but all function essentially the same, by pulling power from a different 12v source than the tail lights which somehow the computer knows. It could be because I have Lasfit Led bulbs in my taillights so the computer is not detecting enough draw but that still doesn't explain why i was still getting signal across all functions and the lightbar wouldn't function with brake lights or turn signals....even though the hazards and running lights were functional....and the brake lights and turn signal would work with ignition turned off... 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Curt no splice plug and play, don't need to run wires to battery can use Aux flexbed ports for 12v DC

https://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Fit...averick/2022/C59DR.html?VehicleID=20226005566

opt7 power module (what i got because its cheaper and because i had already tapped my harness)

https://www.opt-7.com/tow-package-module-for-redline-led-tailgate-bars/

another option but for the price I'd go with the Curt.

https://gorecon.com/collections/led...uty-16-19-tailgate-light-bar-plug-in-de-coder

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have any recommendations for a rear LED light bar? You know the kind, they plug into your trailer wiring and provide brake reverse and turn signals?

Surely , someone has found one that works on their new Maverick?
Ford has one on the website now that is plug and play pretty pricey though.

Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to install a Putco light bar on my Maverick by using a Curt T-harness that provides the 4-pin connection independently of the tow system. There's another thread on it here somewhere.

The Ford one may be a better option if it is truly designed to work with the driver assist features that usually shut off when a light bar is plugged into the factory 4-pin. But I'd want someone to verify that before purchasing.

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This one works with existing 4 way plug and does not make rearview camera guidelines es dissappear. 49" LED Tailgate Light Bar + Signal Relay Box [Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 Super-Duty up to 2018] [Sequential Turn Signal] [Tail & Reverse Light] for Ford Pick-Up Trucks with Tow Package & BLIS, from Amazon. Also had to add a 1 1/2" x 48" angle aluminum under bumper to house the strip.
Ford Maverick Rear LED light bar recommendations? 20230311_152409

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This one works with existing 4 way plug and does not make rearview camera guidelines es dissappear. 49" LED Tailgate Light Bar + Signal Relay Box [Ford F-150 F-250 F-350 Super-Duty up to 2018] [Sequential Turn Signal] [Tail & Reverse Light] for Ford Pick-Up Trucks with Tow Package & BLIS, from Amazon. Also had to add a 1 1/2" x 48" angle aluminum under bumper to house the strip.
20230311_152409.jpg
How did you bypass the system thinking a trailer is plugged in with this one? I see it is connected to the 4 pin

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a very cheap LED light strip and tapped into the taillights. Plugging it into the 4 pin hitch disabled some of the cp360 functions.

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you bypass the system thinking a trailer is plugged in with this one? I see it is connected to the 4 pin
It came with a transfer box that does something to bypass that problem of the guidelines on rearview cam going away, they stay. I just ran power cable to batt.,and pull rear taillight out to tap into reverse light wire. I have a 23 and even though this lightbar would fit under tailgate, it would have blocked access to spare.
Sponsored