Sponsored

Realistically, what is the chance of actually getting a Hybrid Maverick?

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would guess they would want to build as many with lux packages first until all parts are used up and then move on to non lux to keep the line moving while they wait for more lux package parts to arrive. This alternation will continue until complete. I'm guessing they are going to do them in batches as parts allow. I don't think they can dedicate a line if parts are constrained. Or maybe they can. In between parts shortages throw in dealer stock orders that can be built if not enough parts for retail orders.
Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What matters is the number of allocations that a dealer gets and where you sit within your dealer's list.
On this note specifically, the allocations, the really low numbers we're seeing are making a lot of us think this might be dealer stock allocations and not the number of orders that're actually going to get filled.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

my dealer advised against ordering a bed liner and tonneau cover from factory. Straight up said “hey, let us worry about those items here at our shop, let’s just get you your truck”. Whether he did it to improve his accessories department numbers Or not, I appreciated his honesty and I think it was the correct decision.
My dealer recommended that with my '22 and it worked out well. Mine would have been held up longer if I had ordered those accessories from the factory.

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One other thing, orders on the first day will carry weight too. Long McArthur got almost 700 orders. If you were in the top half, it would be way better. I think the same goes for every dealer.
Does how early you placed an order actually matter if your dealer gave everybody a priority 19 code? My dealer said everyone is 19 unless they were rollovers

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On this note specifically, the allocations, the really low numbers we're seeing are making a lot of us think this might be dealer stock allocations and not the number of orders that're actually going to get filled.
That's exactly what I thought too. It doesn't make sense to cut off retail orders early and still accept dealer orders if they couldn't even fulfill the retail orders. The fact that they are still going to accept dealer orders makes it seem like they should be able to fulfill most retail orders

Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does how early you placed an order actually matter if your dealer gave everybody a priority 19 code? My dealer said everyone is 19 unless they were rollovers
Yes. Absolutely. All the rollovers (priority 10) will get looked at first no matter what day their order was placed. That does not mean they will be built first but at least will be reviewed first. That is the way it should be since they have already been waiting for 12+ months. If a dealer has additional allocations after the Priority 10s have been looked at, THEN they will go by order date for the Priority 19s. Thus, if there is another Priority 19 that is exactly the same as yours from a constraint perspective and their order was placed 5 minutes before yours, they will be scheduled and built before you. Conversely, if their order is a high constraint XL Hybrid and yours is a no-constraint XLT Eco, you have a 95%+ chance of getting your order before theirs even if their order was placed on Day 1 and yours on the last day.

Mav101

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gm
That's exactly what I thought too. It doesn't make sense to cut off retail orders early and still accept dealer orders if they couldn't even fulfill the retail orders. The fact that they are still going to accept dealer orders makes it seem like they should be able to fulfill most retail orders

It makes sense when ford only allows the dealers to order what they can currently build. Look for lots of base eco xlt no option dealer stock units

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. Not correct. All expectations are that dealer orders will be 100% Ecoboost. A dealer entering a hybrid dealer order will have ZERO chance of ever getting it. Based on all the numbers and speculations, there is absolutely no chance that all the hybrid orders already entered will be filled (I will be very surprised if more than 30% get filled). However, there is a decent chance that most Eco orders will be filled. At some point in the year there is likely to be a point where Ford can't make any more hybrids that week (ie., don't have batteries, transmission, etc.), are missing some key component to make LUX Ecos, but have enough parts to make a basic XLT Eco. If they have already filled all the retail XLT Eco orders, then they will make additional stripped-down, basic XLT Ecos for dealers just to keep the line moving at 100%. That is why Ford is keeping the order banks open for dealer orders.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It all depends on how many Mavericks Ford provides your dealer with. That is called an allotment. No one seems to know how it's going to fall right now. There is a real chance that not all orders are going to be filled, so getting in earlier really does matter. Say you have 2 Mavericks fromyour dealer which Ford can build, but they are only choosing one with the same priority number. Then they will look at the time stamp when your order was placed. That's like the tie breaker. There are only so many hybrid orders they can fill because they can only get so many batteries for them. Your chances are better if you ordered an eco boost. Lots of different variables, but when your order was confirmed by Ford is definitely one of them.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Realistically, what is the chance of actually getting a Hybrid Maverick?
If you ordered a 23MY Maverick hybrid you have a 35% chance of getting it. If you added any packages or options then that percentage will be lower.

Last edited:
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
0-100% chance. Nobody here has any real idea, despite many seeming to understand the inner workings at Ford.
Ford has already said that the hybrid is at a 35% constraint. If you add packages or options then the percentage of constraint will go up and the chance of you getting a hybrid will go down.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has already said that the hybrid is at a 35% constraint. If you add packages or options then the percentage will go up.
That isn’t how that 35% works. Ford was simply releasing percentages for totals for each trim and option divided by the total population. Way more than 65% of the ecoboost orders will be filled, probably 100% will be filled. Nobody really knows what will happen with all the hybrid orders. Likely wait times will just increase. After that anybody’s guess. They might ask customers to change to an ecoboost from the hybrid.

Becker300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xlt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's all about parts when we get ours. I ordered xlt, eb and Lux. We will see. Expecting March or April.
Sponsored