First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I texted the dealership sales person and updated the order’s progress.
Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Original order Oct 23, 2021, no VIN yet. :(

OP
OP

CLYDEMADDOX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have me beat by a couple of weeks.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been waiting for a vin number since the second week of November 2021 and I was wondering what the is the longest time from ordering to delivery of a Maverick. I’m starting to believe that I have a shot at the longest wait for a Ford vehicle.
Check out the “Time It Took To Get My Maverick Club” post. This will answer your question.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Original order Oct 23, 2021, no VIN yet. :(
You ought to check with the dealership and also Ford Customer Service. I too ordered in October 2021. I received a MY22 VIN that was subsequently rolled over into a MY23 VIN. Just from what you wrote, I would say something went wrong and your order did NOT go through nor excepted. Reason for following up with Ford. I finally received my vehicle last month after 517 days from time or order to received. If no VIN then something is wrong.

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You ought to check with the dealership and also Ford Customer Service. I too ordered in October 2021. I received a MY22 VIN that was subsequently rolled over into a MY23 VIN. Just from what you wrote, I would say something went wrong and your order did NOT go through nor excepted. Reason for following up with Ford. I finally received my vehicle last month after 517 days from time or order to received. If no VIN then something is wrong.
Thank You for the suggestions. And I'm open to any others you might have.

I've spoken with the dealership and according to them, I am their very last rollover from MY22. As @commadorebob has said, "Someone has to be last". :)

The end of last model year when Ford was processing the Maverick's scheduling from a first-in first-out (FIFO) queue, the dealership told me that I ended up just missed being picked up for production for MY22. Then Ford switched back to the magical allocations model and also then in December pushed/rolled over 8 orders back on that dealership's queue for MY23 at Priority of 2 on the allocation model. They are a small dealership getting about 3 allocations a month.

I've reached out to Ford and they say my order looks correct at a priority 10 and has an 'unscheduled-clean' sub-status. And even the FordVideoGuy says they have a couple of hybrid rollover orders that remain to be picked up.

IMHO Ford should have come up with a system to validate rollover orders (COVP possibly) and retained a FIFO queue for those orders. But there is little to be done now but wait.

I really hope that I am scheduled in this next batch and before July. I'm not really looking forward to being one of the first ones built on the 3rd shift line. Even if I get selected in this next batch, it will be almost 18 months to be scheduled for production. At this point, I expect it will be over 600+ days at best before I receive my Maverick.

Wolfie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleengoogle news?? Not sure, but like to read comments
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been waiting since 11-1-21....601 days!!!
I wonder what special perk bill give us for waiting over six hundred days?

Wolfie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleengoogle news?? Not sure, but like to read comments
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been waiting for a vin number since the second week of November 2021 and I was wondering what the is the longest time from ordering to delivery of a Maverick. I’m starting to believe that I have a shot at the longest wait for a Ford vehicle.
In at 601 days, and still no word from anyone...ugh

Senior Master Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger, 04 and 18 Escape, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank You for the suggestions. And I'm open to any others you might have.

I've spoken with the dealership and according to them, I am their very last rollover from MY22. As @commadorebob has said, "Someone has to be last". :)

The end of last model year when Ford was processing the Maverick's scheduling from a first-in first-out (FIFO) queue, the dealership told me that I ended up just missed being picked up for production for MY22. Then Ford switched back to the magical allocations model and also then in December pushed/rolled over 8 orders back on that dealership's queue for MY23 at Priority of 2 on the allocation model. They are a small dealership getting about 3 allocations a month.

I've reached out to Ford and they say my order looks correct at a priority 10 and has an 'unscheduled-clean' sub-status. And even the FordVideoGuy says they have a couple of hybrid rollover orders that remain to be picked up.

IMHO Ford should have come up with a system to validate rollover orders (COVP possibly) and retained a FIFO queue for those orders. But there is little to be done now but wait.

I really hope that I am scheduled in this next batch and before July. I'm not really looking forward to being one of the first ones built on the 3rd shift line. Even if I get selected in this next batch, it will be almost 18 months to be scheduled for production. At this point, I expect it will be over 600+ days at best before I receive my Maverick.
Is this the guy you spoke to at the dealership??

Ford Maverick What is the record wait for a Maverick? ricky

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been waiting since 11-1-21....601 days!!!
With the help of folks on this forum and developing a relationship with the sales manager at our dealership, I was able to eventually get accurate information on the allocation numbers they were receiving each month. They would show me other Maverick orders previewing and awarded each month. So, I was able to confirm the reality that fulfilling my order and we both were at the mercy of Ford.

I did win the lottery and was awarded a VIN. It has been built and is in route. Provided there are no transportation mishaps, I should finally get my Maverick after waiting over 20 months.

If you haven't already, I would reach out to Ford to confirm your order has a priority of 10. Then I would talk to your dealer to see if any other Maverick orders are at the same priority and how many allocations they receive each month. If they are not receiving any Maverick allocations, they will not be filling any of their orders.

I agree. It sucks! :(

Last edited:

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this the guy you spoke to at the dealership??

ricky.gif
In so many words this was exactly what he told me!

The sales manager showed me the stacks of file folders of orders that he had and the ones that were cancelled or walked away, because they either could not or would not wait. I feel for the dealership, because throughout this process the Ford system (game) to fill Maverick orders has changed multiple times. And the rollover mess and canceling VINs at the end of MY22 production year and pushing those back on the queue as MY23 orders and using an allocation system to pull those was just plain wrong.

I see Ford is again going to lay off more folks, just about the time the new model year banks are about to open. Unfortunately, I think this does not bode well for the MY23 orders that will become unfulfilled at the end of the model year. :(

Last edited:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has had a higher percentage of white collar workers than GM and Stellantis and are trying to balance the move towards EV. They did it in Europe and Asia earlier so don't see how that has any impact on 2023 orders.

They took a step last month to try to determine how many orders are left by requiring COVP confirmation of remaining orders. Looks like that took care of 10% of remaining orders. Now if they can cross match names on orders for people that ordered from multiple dealers to see which one comes first that will get rid of more bogus orders. They did shut down the banks in 5 days when they saw the orders coming in, the fifth day may of been the day of orders that pushed it over capacity so for a big corporation to make a decision that fast is pretty fast.

Newtruck West Coast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was 594 days. Getting 43-48 MPG around town. 39.6 MPG of a 311 mile trip to Crowley Lake in the Eastern Sierra. Not bad considering I went from 294 elevation to 7,000 elevation.

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Waited 25,222 days... all of my life for this vehicle!
Sponsored