Article: Dealer allocations - what is actually means

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I understand it no matter how many orders a dealer took he’s only gone to have so many , Mavericks chosen that he has allocations for , if he took 75 orders and he only has 40 allocations 35 not built ,
I’m not gonna get built
Considering parts constraints, then would it make sense that the more basic builds have the best chance? Seems like the Lariat and loaded Lux packages would be last picked.
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure I'm missing something here but messing with allocations seems silly when it comes to what is essentially direct customer orders. I would think it would make more sense to ignore allocations on custom orders. That rig is essentially already purchased. Customer orders should bypass allocations and just go down the list of who ordered first if it can be built. Dealer stock for the lot, allocations makes sense and should be in part based on number of customer orders. Having people make an order, stating they want that certain vehicle and agreeing to purchase it the minute it arrives, then saying you won't get it because your dealer didn't sell enough last year seems asinine at best. A presold order is world's apart from judging how long a rig will sit without being sold on a lot.
I so agree with you. I don't think its done that way BUT wish it was.