spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Four times now over the past few weeks my truck has did the double honk when I open the door. I can't figure out why. It doesn't seem to be anything I'm doing. 3 out of 4 times it has been when I get home from work and I go to step out of the truck. I don't get home until almost 1 in the morning so that's the worst possible time because it makes all the dogs go nuts in my neighborhood. The one other time was today when I opened the door to get in the truck. Now I'm constantly paranoid that its going to do it again every time I get home.
Sponsored

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have had it do this when the key is still in the ignition if i recall, and when you still have your phone plugged in and open the door.

derfolo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC 40
This happens to me if I leave the truck running and I bring the keys with me. (It's cold up here in Minnesota.)

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For Lariat with the push button start. If you leave the vehicle with it still being on and the key is with you it will double honk.

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Four times now over the past few weeks my truck has did the double honk when I open the door. I can't figure out why. It doesn't seem to be anything I'm doing. 3 out of 4 times it has been when I get home from work and I go to step out of the truck. I don't get home until almost 1 in the morning so that's the worst possible time because it makes all the dogs go nuts in my neighborhood. The one other time was today when I opened the door to get in the truck. Now I'm constantly paranoid that its going to do it again every time I get home.
It's an early warning for the Mailman to leave

Sponsored

OP
OP
spuds_mackenzie

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For Lariat with the push button start. If you leave the vehicle with it still being on and the key is with you it will double honk.
yeah but the truck was turned off when it happened.

OP
OP
spuds_mackenzie

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if I have something wrong with my fob. I'm going to use the other one and see if it still does it.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had it do this when the key is still in the ignition if i recall, and when you still have your phone plugged in and open the door.
I wish mine would do that!! Can't tell you how many trips I've made back out to the truck to get my phone... :rolleyes:. Still not used to plugging it in all the time in the pickup - but sure is nice when I do. Set up a shortcut on my iPhone to automatically start Spotify as soon as I plug it in. Waze comes up automatically.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you leave the lights turned on? Does it give a warning for that if it is not in Auto mode?

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish mine would do that!! Can't tell you how many trips I've made back out to the truck to get my phone... :rolleyes:. Still not used to plugging it in all the time in the pickup - but sure is nice when I do. Set up a shortcut on my iPhone to automatically start Spotify as soon as I plug it in. Waze comes up automatically.
Iā€™ve never used iPhone shortcuts before. Automatically starting Spotify is a great idea. Does it distinguish between plugging it into the car vs plugging it in to charge elsewhere? Can you post a screenshot of your shortcut?

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will be problematic for me. I must leave my phone in my car at work and I don't need the honking going on.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve never used iPhone shortcuts before. Automatically starting Spotify is a great idea. Does it distinguish between plugging it into the car vs plugging it in to charge elsewhere? Can you post a screenshot of your shortcut?
I'll grab a screenshot later, but yes it will only trigger when Carplay is activated. First time I had used shortcuts also, I stole the idea from somewhere else too. šŸ˜†

Edit (link): https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...g-music-when-connecting-an-iphone-141138.html

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Chrisjt0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m having the same issue with my Lariat EB. I canā€™t seem to replicate it, but occasionally I get a double honk when getting out of the truck. It will happen regardless of whether the vehicle is on or off when the door opens.

I havenā€™t tried anything w the phone/CarPlay yet - could that be the issue?

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22ā€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my Mustang it will double honk if itā€™s running and the key is in my pocket and I close the door. It can be disabled in Forscan.
Sponsored