Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.silsdetail.com
Vehicle(s)
1990 Mustang GT convertible
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got my new 24 Maverick hybrid just about a month ago and love it. When the truck is off I hear some clicking noises like maybe the computer is running. Hybrid is new to me so not sure if it is just a hybrid thing. Not really worried about them but just generally curious.
Sponsored

twracing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan, 2022 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Normal, mine does the same.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s normal for both hybrid and ecoboost version. Can’t explain details but it’s communicating with ford servers, maybe others can chime in that know the details

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I got my new 24 Maverick hybrid just about a month ago and love it. When the truck is off I hear some clicking noises like maybe the computer is running. Hybrid is new to me so not sure if it is just a hybrid thing. Not really worried about them but just generally curious.
Our '23 Hybrid does that if you are in the vicinity of the truck with a fob. It kind of grumbles to itself :)
I think it's because it sees the fob and is waking up some of the sleeping components. Never been a problem though.

OP
OP
DelSil

DelSil

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.silsdetail.com
Vehicle(s)
1990 Mustang GT convertible
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our '23 Hybrid does that if you are in the vicinity of the truck with a fob. It kind of grumbles to itself :)
I think it's because it sees the fob and is waking up some of the sleeping components. Never been a problem though.
I thought that as well since our Edge does that but my Mav has done it a few times when the fob is in my house and I am near the truck.

Sponsored

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2022, same

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tons of posts on this subject. Scroll down for more. Or do a site search.

It is normal..

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Normal. Walking into the garage with fob in my pocket makes a "little" more racket, but it sometimes grumbles when it's been sitting all day and fob is on other side of the house. It's weird.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weird for sure and when I first was able to just sit in the truck and listen, I thought what the heck? It's normal. You're good . . . wipe it from thought.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Sponsored

srhawg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Explorer, Mustang LE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 does the same, however I have noticed that if I keep it locked (even in the garage) there is quite a bit less noise.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 does the same, however I have noticed that if I keep it locked (even in the garage) there is quite a bit less noise.
Totally- it's like it's waiting for any twitch that means it might be time to start the engine. Keeping doors locked and fob away calms it- "a bit" LOL.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me: hybrid Lariat 3,170th 2024 Mav assigned a serial number, arrived in Oct 23, now 2,300 miles on odometer = same clicking. Normal I was told.

Truck runs great although the electronics inside are quirky. Today, out of nowhere, the "road" display that is part of the co-pilot 360 displayed. I did not touch/change any settings. I did not engage cruise control. I did not actively download any updates.