Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Depends on what your standards are. Up until a decade ago you could still get a Silverado 1500 with its late-Cretaceous era 4.3L V6 making a whopping 195 hp.
We are living in 2023, and talking about a 2024 truck. We are not talking about the past.
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As much as I am a big fan of the original Chrysler Corporation through the 60s, 70s, and 80s after restructuring and the federal loan (not a bail out). BTW it was payed back in full including interest owed. I am not a fan of Stellantis, and the Fiat offerings. Chrysler and Dodge are only a hollowed out shell of a great former company. Sure the new Hemi is great, but its swan song is this year, and then no more. Every company that has merged with Chrysler has raped it for what it had. Mercedes was the biggest perpetrator that pillaged Chrysler.

Stellantis BTW sounds like the name for pecker pills. "If you should develop a rock hard stiffy lasting more than 3 hours, then stop taking Stellantis and see your doctor".

Maverick is the right choice for me. Looks like a truck, acts like a truck. Gets car like mileage and drives like a small SUV. It's an absolutely delightful vehicle to drive, and so accessorizable if that's a word. Also what can you do with a Santa Cruz to make it your own? Maybe wheel and tire change, pin stripes, a bed cover? That's about it. Now as far as the Dodge goes, I'm afraid the new pecker pill from the boys at Stellantis is gonna be a Fiat with a pickup bed and shitty wiring.

Last edited:

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a 2003 Dodge Dakota XLT 4X4. It was a very solid truck and served me well. Only downside was the 15-18 mpg in a midsized truck! That said my 1990 Ford Ranger was also a great truck. Comfortable great ride, great gas mileage, but was the slowest vehicle I’ve ever driven (almost dangerous on the highway). My point is all manufacturers have good and bad products. Sometimes it’s a model sometimes it’s a generation of a model.
I had a DAKOTA small V8 was a great truck in 8 years only problem was a window regulator, traded it in for a 2014 RAM another great truck traded it in, just to big for me.
I think the trucks are made much better than their cars, there cars are junk.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know fiat has a terrible reputation, but my wife bought her base model 500 new in 2013, and I enjoyed driving it so much I got an abarth a few years later in 2017. I had the abarth up until I got my Maverick in February, and my wife is refusing to give hers up despite having to squeeze a car seat in it now. Both fiats have been great cars for us and I hope the rampage ends up actually coming here, and being another fun quirky little ute on the market.

Reactions: bgn

Sponsored

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost