Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After setting up my iphone to my Mav, I noticed the radio keeps playing when a text message is also being played back. Couldn't find anything in the manual for a setting to fix this. Anyone else run into this, and find a fix?
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I only play Sirius from my phone and Mine works perfectly and mutes the sound system when receiving or sending calls or texts.

What happens when your sound system is playing, you push the text icon and select a person to text, does the voice confirm the recipient and ask what you’d like to say?

OP
OP
dalola

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I only play Sirius from my phone and Mine works perfectly and mutes the sound system when receiving or sending calls or texts.

What happens when your sound system is playing, you push the text icon and select a person to text, does the voice confirm the recipient and ask what you’d like to say?

Haven't tried to text out yet, just receive. I'll give it a try. The fact yours works properly must mean there's a setting somewhere.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have used the text function a number of times and the radio stops playing while the text is being played back.

Winder if there is a setting somewhere for that?

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you using Android Auto or CarPlay when you tap to read the text message?

Sponsored

OP
OP
dalola

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you using Android Auto or CarPlay when you tap to read the text message?
No, usually on the sync3 home screen, or one of the other sync screens. Maybe the mute only works while on CarPlay?

I did find the "pause" button on the radio bar works effectively to accomplish the same thing, just takes another user input. It's right there where you need to tap the text button, so no big deal. Still curious to know if there is a setting in sync. I sure can't find it.....

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, usually on the sync3 home screen, or one of the other sync screens. Maybe the mute only works while on CarPlay?

I did find the "pause" button on the radio bar works effectively to accomplish the same thing, just takes another user input. It's right there where you need to tap the text button, so no big deal. Still curious to know if there is a setting in sync. I sure can't find it.....
No, was curious to see if using one of those was causing a conflict. It can become a bit of a jumbled mess where the system tries to switch back and forth between inputs - though I think that's more of a case where Android Auto was buggy in the early days. Maybe it was Sync 3 but it's not as bad as it one was. There was also a bug where it wouldn't always switch between the media volume level, the voice command volume level, and probably the phone/text level.

Definitely sounds like a bug, though, as it's obviously supposed to mute the radio.

Does it do this all the time when you have it read you a message, or only sometimes? Curious to see if anyone else has experienced the same.

Couple basic things you could try.

First is what Ford calls a "System Reset" - it's not going to wipe anything, it's just a glorified reboot process that can fix odd Sync 3 bugs sometimes. Basically, with the vehicle running, hold down power and seek forward buttons until the screen goes black and then the Ford logo appears.

Resetting the System
  1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
  1. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
  1. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.
Note: You can reset the system to restore functionality that has stopped working. The system reset is designed to restore functionality and not delete any data that you have stored.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=usa&buildtype=web

Another thing any time you have software acting up is to check for updates. Either connect the truck to your home Wi-Fi or follow the directions to log into your Ford Owner account.

https://www.akinsford.com/blog/how-to-update-your-sync3-infotainment-system/

OP
OP
dalola

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone earlier in the thread indicated his does mute the radio, so maybe it is a bug.

I just picked the truck up last Wednesday, so haven't used it a ton yet, but the several texts I have played did not mute. I haven't noticed any other odd behavior, but may try a reset anyway, just to see. Also don't see any updates available yet. I have a solid dealer, so I'm confident they put in all the latest updates before I took delivery.
Sponsored