Sponsored

Quality concerns on the existing builds with delayed arrival dates?

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can confirm, my delivery was pushed back due to “stop ship” as well. I guess it’s just sitting in Hermosillo still and will be until the hold is lifted. Still no update from Ford.
What exactly is a stop ship. And how did you find out.
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On top of all of this, there is news video online showing folks from across the border riding the rails inside brand new vehicles being imported from Mexico. So, if your Maverick has a lived in look (or smell) when it arrives, that's why.
Somebody else posted a similar statement a few days ago. I (and others) asked for a link to the video so we could see it too. Never got a response.

But you've seen it, so maybe you could post a link for us.

I'd really like to see it as I live near the border and the trains from Hermosillo (some of them, anyway) come right through here.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Somebody else posted a similar statement a few days ago. I (and others) asked for a link to the video so we could see it too. Never got a response.

But you've seen it, so maybe you could post a link for us.

I'd really like to see it as I live near the border and the trains from Hermosillo (some of them, anyway) come right through here.
A number of days ago, I actually tried to post a thread regarding the video and included a link. I think the thread was deleted by a moderator within moments. The video was just a random news item I came across. The reporter was "imbedded" with law enforcement to include Texas DPS and probably other agencies. It clearly showed illegals riding inside the vehicles in the rail cars.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
A number of days ago, I actually tried to post a thread regarding the video and included a link. I think the thread was deleted by a moderator within moments. The video was just a random news item I came across. The reporter was "imbedded" with law enforcement to include Texas DPS and probably other agencies. It clearly showed illegals riding inside the vehicles in the rail cars.
Found it!

Texas deploys National Guard troops to southern border
Fox News
YouTube
872,782 views Oct 26, 2021
National correspondent Bill Melugin has the latest from Spofford, Texas on 'Tucker Carlson Tonight'

I didn't post the link. On purpose...

If your Maverick arrives unmolested, be sure to thank a Texas State Trooper.

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Found it!
Thanks. That looks like the same kind of rail car we see in Arizona. But I doubt those cars are from Hermosillo. I think all the cars from there come up directly and cross into Arizona and California

OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What exactly is a stop ship. And how did you find out.
I'll be reaching out to Ford today to see what they can tell me. I have no idea what that "stop ship" note was about; nor did my dealership. But if I learn anything new today, I'll let everyone know.

OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So now that I have the railcar number, I called UP to trace it. Per their automated system, the railcar my Maverick is on recently left Arlington, TX and the next stop is tomorrow in New Orleans.. yet my order is supposed to be delivered in Iowa. Seems odd but I have no idea. I assumed the rail car would still be in Hermosillo per the "stopship" note. I guess it's moving at least 🤷‍♂️

I still have not received an email from Ford with the new delivery date..
That's wild that it's still moving around with the stop ship designation on it. Maybe the stop will go into effect once it reaches NO tomorrow or whatever. As always, a little indication from Ford on this would be comforting and eliminate all this speculation. I'm also kind of amazed that you didn't get an email from Ford. I assume you've gotten other ones updating you when it was scheduled for production, built, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well no real surprise here, but neither Ford customer service online chat nor an agent on the phone were able to shed any more light. I asked directly about the stop ship notice, but both sources denied any knowledge of that and insisted that their Ford internal system simply shows the vehicle as "in tansit" currently. I have no reason not to believe them, and I assume my dealer wants the truck to arrive and be sold as quickly as possible. After all that, it still could be a quality problem with select mavs they're checking, a shipping hang up given the rail and trucking constraints these days, or something else entirely - I have no way of knowing.

I respectfully mentioned that it's frustrating to have such little communication and continued delays for all of us, but customer service just recommends that I keep waiting. Not overly helpful, but that's what I know.

I will say, I was only on hold about 5 minutes on the chat and 10 on the phone. I expected worse.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
..... It's all just speculation until Ford issues some kind of statement, which is pretty unlikely to ever happen unless it's something major.
FTFY

mgibbons

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Dealer called to say STOP SHIP is in the notes for mine. It missed the original delivery window last week, which prompted my dealer to check up and reach out to me with an update. Unfortunately it did not sound good. Thinking about it, I have not received an undated ETA delivery email from Ford. My salesman could see the new delivery window in there, it was about a month out yet. But he didn't sound very sure on that date being solid, kind of tossed it out as was the case for the original delivery dates.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
So now that I have the railcar number, I called UP to trace it. Per their automated system, the railcar my Maverick is on recently left Arlington, TX and the next stop is tomorrow in New Orleans.. yet my order is supposed to be delivered in Iowa. Seems odd but I have no idea. I assumed the rail car would still be in Hermosillo per the "stopship" note. I guess it's moving at least 🤷‍♂️

I still have not received an email from Ford with the new delivery date..
I am in Texas, kinda near Arlington. Want me to hang out by the track's and watch for your Truck? Lol

OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Even though Ford did not officially issue a statement on the Mach-E stop ship situation at the beginning of this year, Ford Authority reportedly got in touch with a Ford spokesperson. So while you're correct, Ford will never officially say a word, someone may spill the beans to Ford Authority if the situation gets enough traction.

Ford Issues Mustang Mach-E Stop-Ship To Address Quality-Related Issue (fordauthority.com)
Thanks for sharing this. I hadn't searched the stop ship term but that article points to a quality concern, which makes sense. I wonder how owners who already took delivery will be contacted - I'd have thought there would be posts from owners about recalls or whatever if that had happened already. Maybe it's just a certain batch of the trucks or something...
Sponsored