Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here are the most up to date lease residuals and lease interest rates for the 2022 Maverick.

Keep in mind the standard lease rates are high because Ford Credit will offer a special rate to compensate. The special rates haven't been announced yet.

LEASE RESIDUALS

Ford Maverick Q3 2022 Maverick Lease Residuals & Lease Interest Rates 2022 Maverick lease residuals money factor rates copy

LEASE INTEREST RATES

Ford Maverick Q3 2022 Maverick Lease Residuals & Lease Interest Rates 2022 Maverick lease interest rates
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is APP the same as a 1 pay lease? Like pay the full amount upfront?

RedHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Imprezza WRX Hatchback
I'm trying to understand this. So if I have an XLT AWD - does this mean I can drive 15k per year for 3 years and the vehicle is worth 59% the selling price? Example: Sell price 33k, drive 15k miles (45k after 3 years), residual or buy price is 19,470? And the 5.29, does that mean 5.29% as in, if I purchased it would be the same as a 5.29% new car loan?

Thanks for helping me understand whoever responds.

Rr317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 focus st, 2021 escape, 2022 ford maverick FE
I'm trying to understand this. So if I have an XLT AWD - does this mean I can drive 15k per year for 3 years and the vehicle is worth 59% the selling price? Example: Sell price 33k, drive 15k miles (45k after 3 years), residual or buy price is 19,470? And the 5.29, does that mean 5.29% as in, if I purchased it would be the same as a 5.29% new car loan?

So if I am understanding correctly a lease is basically a loan for the depreciated value expected over x months. So you pay for 41% of the car broken down over 3 years. The 5.29 is added on to the monthly chunk that you are paying. I'm not sure what rate it's accrued at so that's an answer someone else can give, but if it's a one time interest it would make out to about 396 a month with zero down.

Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All this is way over my head. Curious though if dealers are going to be willing to do leases on our preorders?

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
All this is way over my head. Curious though if dealers are going to be willing to do leases on our preorders?
They will. Once the truck arrives and you're ready for delivery, they can present you lease and finance offers so you can decide what works best for you if you finance with them.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They will. Once the truck arrives and you're ready for delivery, they can present you lease and finance offers so you can decide what works best for you if you finance with them.
Awesome. Leaning toward leasing in hopes of a plug-in hybrid version being available in 2-3 years.

801Mav

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf VW Alltrack
I have a Lariat AWD on order (no vin yet). This is not on the list. What do you think this means for a residual on this setup?

Last edited:

mrchips0401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

the residual value using the % of MSRP is strictly for the lease company predicted future value of said vehicle for the purpose of configuring what a monthly payment will be. In other words the residual value is not generally what you can purchase it for. To know the back end purchase price, that generally is only generated on an actual lease agreement, generally not disclosed on general lease figures.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So basically what this is saying is, you can drive 45K miles for 3 years (which is pretty great) and that the value is worth (estimate) 59% of the MSRP.

In the simplest form, you will pay 41% to drive it. ex:

MSRP is 26K - 41% is 10,660 then you divide by 36 (months) your payments are roughly 296/m plus tax, NOW this is a simple version of how a lease works. You need the money factor (APR) to really get the final number and that is based on your credit....

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those not leasing, here are the standard loan rates through FORD Credit (Through 9/30/21) - Based on the XLT, I assume LT and Lariat would be the same.

36 mos - 0%
48 mos - .9%
60 mos - 1.9%
72 mos - 5%
75 mos - 4.9% (some kind of special promotion?)
84 mos - 5.9%

There is also a "flex-buy" option that lowers the payment for the first 36 months, then ups it in the later months.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't those residuals seem low, given that it's a truck and given the auto market? When the Jeep Gladiator first came out, it had residuals at like 85% - which is extremely high. You could lease those for nearly nothing per month. And yes, those lease factors are high. The lease factor is essentially the interest rate on the lease. The dealer can break down the total extra you are paying for the lease due to the lease factor.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those not leasing, here are the standard loan rates through FORD Credit (Through 9/30/21) - Based on the XLT, I assume LT and Lariat would be the same.

36 mos - 0%
48 mos - .9%
60 mos - 1.9%
72 mos - 5%
75 mos - 4.9% (some kind of special promotion?)
84 mos - 5.9%

There is also a "flex-buy" option that lowers the payment for the first 36 months, then ups it in the later months.
mid anyone is going beyond 5 years they shouldn’t be buying it. I always foolishly hope that people are not that stupid.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mid anyone is going beyond 5 years they shouldn’t be buying it. I always foolishly hope that people are not that stupid.
Its sad but people with poor money sense do. My sister did a 72 month car loan at 13% one time... I almost cried when I found out! I was able to help her refinance it to a local credit union I'm a member of at 2%, 60 months.
Sponsored