Proximity keyless entry question?

Fragmental

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick First Edition
Another option, as I understand it, is that you can use an Alexa or Google device (speaker at home/work) to remote start the Maverick. If it can do that, I would think you can also have Alexa lock or unlock the door for you as well? I'm not sure about the latter however.
Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was in a buddies new Ranger today and he can press a button on the door handle to lock it I haven't found anything like that on the Maverick, can it be done?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was in a buddies new Ranger today and he can press a button on the door handle to lock it I haven't found anything like that on the Maverick, can it be done?
Yes. Touching the ridged area on the stationary part of the front door handles locks.

troynm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat hybrid, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid gas access is from the inside. I have a hybrid Lariat.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except then you have to carry your cellphone. My cellphone doesn't seem to enjoy swimming. I like to purposely lock my key inside the vehicle as well as all my valuables, then go swimming without this stuff. Come back, enter the code, and get the key and stuff inside.
Yes... Keypad entry is a really great feature for just this reason I'm guessing Ford must hold a patent on this as I've never seen it on any other vehicle make?

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid gas access is from the inside. I have a hybrid Lariat.
I haven't looked at mine but someone posted that there is a pull release for door in driver's side of fender well in front of tire

Button

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB Maverick
Some bronco owners have tucked it neatly into the gas door cap. That's what I plan to explore (assuming the Mav doesn't have a fuel door release)

Can an owner chime in how the fuel door opens - from the cab, or outside the vehicle

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes on lariat first edition that I have

Sponsored

TSLA4LYFE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL, Model X, Zero SR, Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anybody can explain to me what the point of proximity keyless entry is when you need to use the key to start the engine on the XLT. If you have to get the key out of your pocket would it be just as easy to push the button on the remote.
As an XL owner, the thing I want this for the MOST is auto-locking doors when I walk away. Sure, auto unlock would be nice when my hands are full, but I am looking into aftermarket options because I want the assurance that the door locked as I walked away and I'm not second guessing if I pressed the button as I was walking away.

Llamaryudo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru OBS, 2024 XLT Lux, AWD Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone concern about the Ecoboost fuel door being push to touch? What's stopping anyone from putting liquid or any other things that's not supposed to go there?

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone concern about the Ecoboost fuel door being push to touch? What's stopping anyone from putting liquid or any other things that's not supposed to go there?
I've never had that happen to me or anyone that I know. So I'm not very worried about that happening.
Sponsored