A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anybody can explain to me what the point of proximity keyless entry is when you need to use the key to start the engine on the XLT. If you have to get the key out of your pocket would it be just as easy to push the button on the remote.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anybody can explain to me what the point of proximity keyless entry is when you need to use the key to start the engine on the XLT. If you have to get the key out of your pocket would it be just as easy to push the button on the remote.
I believe XLT doesn’t have “intelligent access” like the lariat. It has an (optional?) wireless lock/unlock fob with remote engine start, but not proximity sensing and door handle touch unlock like the lariat.

OP
OP

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe XLT doesn’t have “intelligent access” like the lariat. It has an (optional?) wireless lock/unlock fob with remote engine start, but not proximity sensing and door handle touch unlock like the lariat.
O ok I thought I read somewhere that I did thank you.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The XLT has keypad entry on the drivers door. As you said, it’s practically useless because you still have to fish the key out of your pocket to turn on the ignition.
However, it would be invaluable if you accidentally lock your keys in the truck, or just have to get in the cab without starting the truck.

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The XLT has keypad entry on the drivers door. As you said, it’s practically useless because you still have to fish the key out of your pocket to turn on the ignition.
However, it would be invaluable if you accidentally lock your keys in the truck, or just have to get in the cab without starting the truck.
Or you’re going swimming or something where you don’t want to take the key with you, and want to just leave it in the car/truck. I know for me it would have been super useful when I went white water rafting and resorted to putting my key in a ziploc bag, hoping it wouldn’t fall out or get submerged. Other brands have the same idea but you can wear like a wristband in land rover’s case, all for this sort of circumstance.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Connect App will do those things.
Except then you have to carry your cellphone. My cellphone doesn't seem to enjoy swimming. I like to purposely lock my key inside the vehicle as well as all my valuables, then go swimming without this stuff. Come back, enter the code, and get the key and stuff inside.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Except then you have to carry your cellphone. My cellphone doesn't seem to enjoy swimming. I like to purposely lock my key inside the vehicle as well as all my valuables, then go swimming without this stuff. Come back, enter the code, and get the key and stuff inside.
Then use the outside key pad that comes standard on the maverick, this will unlock your maverick

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then use the outside key pad that comes standard on the maverick, this will unlock your maverick
I didn't think the keypad was standard on the XL... All the XL photos I see don't seem to show it. ???

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some bronco owners have tucked it neatly into the gas door cap. That's what I plan to explore (assuming the Mav doesn't have a fuel door release)

Can an owner chime in how the fuel door opens - from the cab, or outside the vehicle?

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I do find it kind of lame that an XLT with luxury package doesn't have intelligent access and push button start. Even my 2019 Chevy Trax had that. It wasn't a deal breaker for me but just disappointing. I got used to the intelligent access and push button start.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do find it kind of lame that an XLT with luxury package doesn't have intelligent access and push button start. Even my 2019 Chevy Trax had that. It wasn't a deal breaker for me but just disappointing. I got used to the intelligent access and push button start.
Agreed. Just contrived marketing differentiation to push some people up to the higher trim.

I was really hoping my next vehicle would have push button start. But it won't...

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some bronco owners have tucked it neatly into the gas door cap. That's what I plan to explore (assuming the Mav doesn't have a fuel door release)

Can an owner chime in how the fuel door opens - from the cab, or outside the vehicle?

I think the EB fuel door opens from outside, but the Hybrid is pressurized so it has a switch inside cab to open. My disclaimer is that I dont know this as absolute fact since I have not seen yet.

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
I think the EB fuel door opens from outside, but the Hybrid is pressurized so it has a switch inside cab to open. My disclaimer is that I dont know this as absolute fact since I have not seen yet.
can confirm there is no switch to open the gas flap on the EB. You press on it from the outside
Sponsored