First Name
Gigi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there somewhere we can find out how many trucks are done in a production? Once in production how long does it take to the finish for those trucks to be completed? I am new so there may be an old thread out there of this info. My order has a Priority Code 16, what does that mean? Thank you for your help!
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1- Work for Ford
2- less than a week
3- Priority is 2-99, lower the better. Dealers can set 10-19, only Ford can put lower than 10. 99 means a truck is in the system but won't get built.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On the priority number, are you a 22 to 23 roll over or a fresh 23 order?

if you are a 22 rollover, I would say that is a kind of sucky priority (assuming you dealer isn’t giving every rollover a 16). It seems like most dealers that actually change the priority code give rollover orders priority 10 (best they can give)

how they handle the new orders is up to the dealer, so it is hard to say if your number is really good or bad.

they could be giving rollover orders a 10, then giving out priority numbers by waiting list, order date, prior experience with the buyer, random….who knows. The worst number they can give you is 19…..but since we don’t know how your dealer is handling it, we cannot really say if it is good or bad.

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I placed my order and received confirmation, my code was 19. If the dealer(s) are anxious for sales, why code 19? Do you have any idea why? TIA

Julinico

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I placed my order and received confirmation, my code was 19. If the dealer(s) are anxious for sales, why code 19? Do you have any idea why? TIA
I believe priority 19 is the default when the dealer places the order. My father and I both placed our orders at a dealership and were given priority 19. We then asked to be moved to priority 10 and they said no. After that we went to another dealership and placed back up orders, and asked to be put in as priority tens. They were more than happy to put as priority tens for us. Our salesman literally said I want to sell the trucks so I will put them in at whatever you want. Both of our priority 10 orders have been scheduled.

Sponsored

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Priority 10-19 set but your dealer only pertains to the order in which they are taken from your dealership. What really matters is how many allocations your dealership has. Ford will build as many units as your dealership has allocations barring any constraints. If you are a priority code 19 and the only one at your dealership, and your dealership has an allocation (again barring any constraints) you will get built.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a difference between taking your order and making a sale, keep that in mind. Just because they took your order doesn't mean they will actually get a sale because it might never get built.

The default on a new order is 19. The dealer can change that to 10 -19 or 99. 99 means entered but on hold, unless it is changed it will not get built.

If your dealer had left over 2022 orders, they might (should) be giving those orders a lower code so they get priority over new 2023 orders. The only person who actually knows your specific situation is your dealer. Go in and ask them what your code is and if it's not a 10 ask if they can lower it. They might or might not want to do that. And remember the priority codes are only used at that dealer. When a dealer is given an allocation by Ford the priority codes are used to select which order at that dealer is selected. So if every order at your dealer is 19 then the codes don't really mean anything.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Priority 10-19 set but your dealer only pertains to the order in which they are taken from your dealership. What really matters is how many allocations your dealership has. Ford will build as many units as your dealership has allocations barring any constraints. If you are a priority code 19 and the only one at your dealership, and your dealership has an allocation (again barring any constraints) you will get built.
There are so many other things now more important than Priority. As long as it is within 10-19, all is well.

I was an 11 last year at a dealership where only 1 Hybrid was sold (me) and 5 EBs. The 5 EBs have been built and delivered. I got cancelled and now have a new 2023 order. With the reorder, they dropped Ford's 99 to only a 19. But since I am the ONLY 2023 Maverick ordered here, it matters not. Hopefully, Ford will quickly take it to a priority 2 as promised.

I'm not really sure how allocation fits in with those of us with cancelled VINs and new Ford-generated orders. At one point, for me to get a VIN, the dealer must have had an allocation, right? So allocation issues should not hold us up at all? I haven't seen @fordvideoguy address this particular issue yet.

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... sitting here with my Order Summary with Priority Code 19... Has it really only been 2 months and 7 days? (my dealer couldn't get any orders to go through when the banks opened but got them to go in the next morning. Mine went in first... so they say.)

Hunkering down for a long wait...

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a difference between taking your order and making a sale, keep that in mind. Just because they took your order doesn't mean they will actually get a sale because it might never get built.

The default on a new order is 19. The dealer can change that to 10 -19 or 99. 99 means entered but on hold, unless it is changed it will not get built.

If your dealer had left over 2022 orders, they might (should) be giving those orders a lower code so they get priority over new 2023 orders. The only person who actually knows your specific situation is your dealer. Go in and ask them what your code is and if it's not a 10 ask if they can lower it. They might or might not want to do that. And remember the priority codes are only used at that dealer. When a dealer is given an allocation by Ford the priority codes are used to select which order at that dealer is selected. So if every order at your dealer is 19 then the codes don't really mean anything.
And likewise, if all orders are 10, then the priority codes also mean nothing!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are so many other things now more important than Priority. As long as it is within 10-19, all is well.

I was an 11 last year at a dealership where only 1 Hybrid was sold (me) and 5 EBs. The 5 EBs have been built and delivered. I got cancelled and now have a new 2023 order. With the reorder, they dropped Ford's 99 to only a 19. But since I am the ONLY 2023 Maverick ordered here, it matters not. Hopefully, Ford will quickly take it to a priority 2 as promised.

I'm not really sure how allocation fits in with those of us with cancelled VINs and new Ford-generated orders. At one point, for me to get a VIN, the dealer must have had an allocation, right? So allocation issues should not hold us up at all? I haven't seen @fordvideoguy address this particular issue yet.

Allocation for the cancelled orders is supposed to be returned to dealers (over a period of months). So the dealer should get extra allocation because of the cancellation and reorder. But constraints still apply. And allocation could still be an issue.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Allocation for the cancelled orders is supposed to be returned to dealers (over a period of months). So the dealer should get extra allocation because of the cancellation and reorder. But constraints still apply. And allocation could still be an issue.
Thanks. Being the one and only 2023 Maverick should help me...I hope. This is BIG TRUCK territory and the Energy Capital of the US (Gillette, WY), so hybrids are very uncommon here. When I told the Service Advisor I needed to get a recall done on my C-Max, I was met with "Is that a Ford?"

They have far more orders for Super-Duty trucks than they can fill...double, I think. Crazy times...you have to be on the dealer's good side in order to "get chosen" to buy one of those
Sponsored