2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder how much it's cutting into Ford's bottom line all of these dealers being unable to read a TSB properly and replacing DPFE sensors they don't need to....
LOL, I had a discussion with a service advisor about this very issue. He kept telling me that BOTH issues I had to happen before they would "fix" my grabby brakes. I showed him the TSB and the word "OR".
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer's service department was able to recreate the problem!
After various tests they found that the BCM (Body Control Module) was defective. They ordered the part, but do not know how long it will take to get it. Offered me to leave it and use a loaner, or drive it, being careful to check when night driving. I didn't want to part with it!
I will add detail when the part arrives and is replaced.

I hope that if anyone else has this issue, this post may help get theirs fixed quickly.
Thanks for sharing your experience. You've proven the worth of being a member of this club.

Steveob83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had my Hybrid Lariat with Lux Package, since 10/28/22. Recently, I was informed by another vehicle's driver that my tail lights were not working. This was after dark. I pulled over and checked, and the tail lights were off, but the brake lights and turn signal lights worked properly. I turned everything off, and back on, and the problem went away. Another time, it was similar, but only the passenger side was acting like this. Again, turning off and on restored everything to normal.

I'm taking it in for service today, but hoping that if anyone else has had this issue, and had it repaired, they will comment on what the cause was.
I just noticed my week old truck had the same issue last night. Turn the lights off and back on fixed it, but that is not a long term solution!

cj99x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM Power Wagon, 2022 Maverick XLT AWD RHCP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now this makes me wonder if this may be the reason some are getting rear ended? Hmmmm

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Now this makes me wonder if this may be the reason some are getting rear ended? Hmmmm
Or maybe those who hit the maverick aren't paying attention because they are playing on thier phones.

Sponsored

EveryDayNick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just realized my 2023 does this with the Passenger Side Taillight. Happens to be I JUST replaced the LED's with LastFit Bulbs too, lol. I can see the dealer possibly pointing to that but gonna go in soon since I really do depend on auto-lights.

Anyone have a TSB to reference?

I have had my Hybrid Lariat with Lux Package, since 10/28/22. Recently, I was informed by another vehicle's driver that my tail lights were not working. This was after dark. I pulled over and checked, and the tail lights were off, but the brake lights and turn signal lights worked properly. I turned everything off, and back on, and the problem went away. Another time, it was similar, but only the passenger side was acting like this. Again, turning off and on restored everything to normal.

I'm taking it in for service today, but hoping that if anyone else has had this issue, and had it repaired, they will comment on what the cause was.
OP - Do you mind Sending me your VIN# via PM? I have ties to some local Dealerships and might use your 'case' to help solve my issue.

No Grabby Brakes here, just Passenger Rear Light Intermittently NOT working via Auto-On.

OP
OP

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just realized my 2023 does this with the Passenger Side Taillight. Happens to be I JUST replaced the LED's with LastFit Bulbs too, lol. I can see the dealer possibly pointing to that but gonna go in soon since I really do depend on auto-lights.

OP - Do you mind Sending me your VIN# via PM? I have ties to some local Dealerships and might use your 'case' to help solve my issue.

No Grabby Brakes here, just Passenger Rear Light Intermittently NOT working via Auto-On.

Not sure how to PM you. Please explain.

Sponsored

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer's service department was able to recreate the problem!
After various tests they found that the BCM (Body Control Module) was defective. They ordered the part, but do not know how long it will take to get it. Offered me to leave it and use a loaner, or drive it, being careful to check when night driving. I didn't want to part with it!
I will add detail when the part arrives and is replaced.

I hope that if anyone else has this issue, this post may help get theirs fixed quickly.
Do you know the part number of what they replaced?

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Did you find a solution I just installed the rear light bar and it’s causing my driver side to do this turn signals and brakes work.

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you find a solution I just installed the rear light bar and it’s causing my driver side to do this turn signals and brakes work.
The light bar from Ford accessories? I’ve been thinking of buying it and am pretty close to pulling the trigger, but now you’ve given me pause with your issue.
Sponsored