Prioritized List of Upgrades for XL Mav

Denatester

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Alright, so I got the super basic XL Mav to save a little money with the plans to put in upgrades and modifications after I got it. Now I am trying to budget it out so I don't accidentally drop a few grand.

So, what should be on the priority list of upgrades? For those of you with the Lariat, what are some of your favorite features that could be added to an XL?

So far a bed cover and weather mats have topped out the list, but I have seen a lot of other suggestions that are intriguing (Taking off back headrests, FITS insert for the awkward cubby).
Sponsored

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forscan cable, cruise control buttons, ford tonneau cover, lane keeping turn signal stalk, cheap seat covers. What color?

Sasserp88

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I think having a power receptacle would be a nice addition. It comes prewired and there should be a harness in your glove box or under your back seat. I set mine up for 12v, usb, voltmeter and LED lights. Literally costs $20 and as long as you can cut a hole have basic wiring knowledge it’s doable. I buy the bed extender on to hold my groceries and to give me more space for camping gear. I am waiting on my rubber bed mat to come in as well. A lot of people don’t like the bed liners and use rust as a reason to guide the conversation. Luckily aluminum doesn’t rust it pits. This truck is fun as far as everyone can set it up for their own liking. As far as adding the cubby storage everywhere I’ve looked is on back order. They can’t make them fast enough.

Ford Maverick Prioritized List of Upgrades for XL Mav 2AFAAE3F-95B2-49EB-B65E-2E78ED8ED4ED

Ford Maverick Prioritized List of Upgrades for XL Mav 3503AB4A-EAFF-414D-A55F-CE2622CBC03A

Ford Maverick Prioritized List of Upgrades for XL Mav 0055B697-81B8-451E-A47C-D352C0712210

Ford Maverick Prioritized List of Upgrades for XL Mav F28F8F45-3672-4AA1-BB97-EA8A4F39F8DB

Attachments

OP
OP

Denatester

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Forscan cable, cruise control buttons, ford tonneau cover, lane keeping turn signal stalk, cheap seat covers. What color?
Nice! I forgot to add the tonneau cover to the list. I got some seat covers from Coverauto that were not super impressive, so I returned them. Do you have a good brand? And the color is Area 51.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

SIBL

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Must haves for me was:

-Tonneau (Dirt/Snow out when no bike in back)
-Spray in liner (lux), so to scratch and damage the paint
-Power in the bed, Lux pack (charging USB, Camera, Intercoms, bikes stuff)
-Lighting in the bed (luxury), late night track days, sitting on tail gate, etc etc
-forscan - turn off annoying chimes, retrofit features infuture (lane keep / apative cruise)
-Method Wheels + Winter tires, easy swap in garage for winter.

The rest is just "truck stuff". Tie downs, ratches, cargo net, gloves under the rear seat!

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Items I've added to my EB XL:

- Bullet spray-in bedliner (sourced locally)
- Gator tri-fold tonneau cover (craigslist)
- Bronco Sport take off wheels (craigslist)
- Set of Cooper AT tires (local shop)
- Ceramic tint for front windows (local shop)
- Floor trays (Amazon)
- Leather steering wheel cover (Amazon)
-Tailgate lettering (ebay)

The only other thing I'm considering is adding the factory button/forscan cruise control, but to be honest, I haven't missed it so far, so I've not made it a priority.

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! I forgot to add the tonneau cover to the list. I got some seat covers from Coverauto that were not super impressive, so I returned them. Do you have a good brand? And the color is Area 51.
I bought a pair of black vinyl ones for $15 at tj maxx

Trucklet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

C from SF

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 XL AWD Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For bed tie downs, Amazon sells the same ones - to add to top near tailgate missing from the XL; and RefinedTruck sells a bed rail with two adjustable tie downs on each side. Theirs doesn't require removing the fixed tie down near the cab that the Ford part requires (so you gain rather than swap), comes in several painted color options, and costs 60% less than the Ford part. Refined Truck also has free shipping.

I also recommend rubber floor mats - there is no carpet mat for the back seat on the base models, so upgrading gives you both front and backseat rubber mats.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only damn thing the XL needs is all weather floor mats and some kind of bed liner even if it's just the mat.

I've had my XL Hybrid for almost 6 months now and don't desire anything else. I've grown to like the steel wheels and can't justify spending $2000 for wheels + tires on a 20k truck. (especially in LA where they will probably get stolen eventually)

If I did want to treat myself sometime in the future, I MIGHT get the covercraft seat covers for the front seats or wait until a cheaper option comes out. I really don't want to pay $200 for a pair of 2 super basic cotton cloths that go over the seat. Seems like that should only cost $80 for the pair.

nicemaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think having a power receptacle would be a nice addition. It comes prewired and there should be a harness in your glove box or under your back seat. I set mine up for 12v, usb, voltmeter and LED lights. Literally costs $20 and as long as you can cut a hole have basic wiring knowledge it’s doable. I buy the bed extender on to hold my groceries and to give me more space for camping gear. I am waiting on my rubber bed mat to come in as well. A lot of people don’t like the bed liners and use rust as a reason to guide the conversation. Luckily aluminum doesn’t rust it pits. This truck is fun as far as everyone can set it up for their own liking. As far as adding the cubby storage everywhere I’ve looked is on back order. They can’t make them fast enough.

2AFAAE3F-95B2-49EB-B65E-2E78ED8ED4ED.jpeg

3503AB4A-EAFF-414D-A55F-CE2622CBC03A.jpeg

0055B697-81B8-451E-A47C-D352C0712210.jpeg

F28F8F45-3672-4AA1-BB97-EA8A4F39F8DB.jpeg
@Sasserp88
Do you have the links for what you did to you cubbys?

Last edited:

Eric.K.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Items I've added to my EB XL:

- Bullet spray-in bedliner (sourced locally)
- Gator tri-fold tonneau cover (craigslist)
- Bronco Sport take off wheels (craigslist)
- Set of Cooper AT tires (local shop)
- Ceramic tint for front windows (local shop)
- Floor trays (Amazon)
- Leather steering wheel cover (Amazon)
-Tailgate lettering (ebay)

The only other thing I'm considering is adding the factory button/forscan cruise control, but to be honest, I haven't missed it so far, so I've not made it a priority.
Is the tonneau cover specifically made for a Ford Maverick? If not, how did you get it to fit?

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are typically made for specific vehicles. Plenty that easily install on the Maverick.
Sponsored