First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Road Star, Maverick, Corolla, Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got this message today. "powertrain malfunction" I had the trailer module reprogrammed a couple of weeks ago. 2.0L AWD The little wrench on the dash came on.
I ran a scan and came up with this. See attached. I'm thinking those are the codes that got activated when they reprogrammed the trailer module.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two and reconnecting. I had something similar happen when my Mav had 12 miles on it.
Thats what the tech did to fire it back up to get it into the shop and reset the PCM. Hope its that easy for you!

OP
OP
flyvertigo

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two and reconnecting. I had something similar happen when my Mav had 12 miles on it.
Thats what the tech did to fire it back up to get it into the shop and reset the PCM. Hope its that easy for you!
It is running OK. I will take it to the dealer tomorrow.

Last edited:

aquaj13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the notification as well. I let it sit for 2 days and the error went away. My mechanic checked on his computer and it showed no errors. I’ll hope for the best.

OP
OP
flyvertigo

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the notification as well. I let it sit for 2 days and the error went away. My mechanic checked on his computer and it showed no errors. I’ll hope for the best.
I got the message a second time and it went away after a couple of days also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
flyvertigo

flyvertigo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My gear icon is back with the same power train warning. Calling dealership tomorrow
My dealer found no problems and sent me on my way after resetting the light.
I never had a chance to get to the dealer when it happened the second time. The light went out and has not come on again. That was 2 months ago.

aquaj13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m reading about people getting an update at the dealership that fixes this problem. I hope that is the case with me. I don’t have 10k miles yet, 😢

aquaj13

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick lariat awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
so my dealer said it was a wiring issue and they fixed it. 2 days later the same icon and error is back. I am getting frustrated now.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
so my dealer said it was a wiring issue and they fixed it. 2 days later the same icon and error is back. I am getting frustrated now.
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

IEZ69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick’s error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
I had this message just pop up also on Friday. The icon went away later that night does that mean it was a mistake?

IEZ69

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 kia niro 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is your truck now? I got the error the other night and it went after 2 more starts that same night

bringbackthe70s

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got the wrench light and this malfunction last week -- light stayed on the whole time. Dealer is replacing the whole shifter column/module... I think that's what they called it. Luckily the part is 5 days out. Anyways, won't have my Mav for at least a week :cry: I've seen this problem on this forum a few times and on a bronco sport thread. Wondering how common it truly is? I'm not a fan of the shifter knob/dial at all, especially its location. Hopefully it's a one time fix. I wish it were a short shifter in the dash like the ford transit 250 I used to drive for work... that van kicked ass, and is a huge reason I had confidence in buying the Maverick :cautious:

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this is interesting. I got a notification in the app for this but never saw a light come on in the vehicle.

Haven't seen anything since. Is there a way I can check vehicle info/logs in the vehicle?
Sponsored