Sponsored

Powertrain malfunction/Reduced power,

TN2025

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
katie
Joined
Jul 7, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
19
Reaction score
9
Location
La Vergne, TN 37086, USA
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid. On Sat evening, I was driving down the highway in Nashville, down 24, when the truck's speed suddenly started to decline, and the lights came on. I felt the brakes were not working and the gas pedal was not working so as it started to decline in speed, I luckily got over to the side safely. I am hoping that this is fixed by Ford due to a recall, but i am waiting to hear back from them I know it says on the recall page, but i wonder if this failed again or if there is another recall #
Reprogram powertrain control module
Recall complete
Campaign:

23E09

Description

Reprogram powertrain control module

I really hope this something ford is going to fix and not any money out of pocket
Sponsored

 

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,660
Reaction score
5,517
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid. On Sat evening, I was driving down the highway in Nashville, down 24, when the truck's speed suddenly started to decline, and the lights came on. I felt the brakes were not working and the gas pedal was not working so as it started to decline in speed, I luckily got over to the side safely. I am hoping that this is fixed by Ford due to a recall, but i am waiting to hear back from them I know it says on the recall page, but i wonder if this failed again or if there is another recall #
Reprogram powertrain control module
Recall complete
Campaign:

23E09

Description

Reprogram powertrain control module

I really hope this something ford is going to fix and not any money out of pocket
A module isn't going to resort to an old software version level out of the blue. Can't, old isn't there anymore.
So it appears you got that recall - so that's not the same problem exactly.

Let us know what they report as the issue.
Could be a TSB and still take care of.

No notices flashed on the dashboard screen?
Guess just the check engine light then?
 

JeffH13

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just happened to me this morning, also a 22 Hybrid. On SoCal freeway at 60mph, warning light came on and power dropped. Fortunately I was able to exit and pull over. I limped home nine miles at a max of 30mph, Ford dealer is about five miles away.
 

JeffH13

2.5L Hybrid
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just happened to me this morning, also a 22 Hybrid. On SoCal freeway at 60mph, warning light came on and power dropped. Fortunately I was able to exit and pull over. I limped home nine miles at a max of 30mph, Ford dealer is about five miles away.
I checked the codes at home - P0402 which has been intermittent for a couple months, I have the new part already. Biggest concern is P1061 Excessive Camshaft Chain Wear. Looks like I might get a new engine as I have ~77k miles.
 

NewMavIL

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jacob
Joined
Aug 31, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
65
Reaction score
177
Location
Geneseo, IL
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the exact same issue with '22 at 78k miles. New engine block covered by Ford and back on the road a week later. Now over 100k and keeping the truck a long time.
Sponsored

 
 







Top