Trucklett2023

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve heard the horror stories about people receiving scheduled build dates, then their dates constantly being pushed back.

Is this something to be concerned with after receiving a scheduled build date and a VIN?

I ordered an xlt hybrid carbonized grey with 300 group, xlt luxury package, copilot 360, moonroof, remote start, and sliding back window.
Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I mean, that's been happening the whole time with Maverick production.

But if you have a build date, even if it slides, you'll definitely get a truck.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm entirely expecting my actual build date to slip a bit past the 5/8 date Ford scheduled my truck for production. But for what it's worth it doesn't seem to be as bad as those scheduled late 2022 whose build dates kept getting pushed back until past the MY2022 production run and their VINs got canceled. Also I have noticed a few people here who actually got their build dates moved up and built a few days to even a few weeks before their scheduled build dates. Maybe the Hermosillo plant is finally in full swing and hopefully the third shift they are adding in July will help increase production rate and they can keep to their scheduled dates better. Only time will tell.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve heard the horror stories about people receiving scheduled build dates, then their dates constantly being pushed back.

Is this something to be concerned with after receiving a scheduled build date and a VIN?
People waiting upwards of a year and a half just to get scheduled, if at all. Should you be concerned over getting your build date pushed back? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Equinox (2023 Hybrid Lariat Lux...some day)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was a 9/2022 order with a build date in March and was actually pulled up a week. If you are scheduled, you will most likely be built at some point. Near the end of production (October) of MY23 I'd be more on edge about being pushed but my two cents, you're fine if you have a date right now even if it's pushed a week or two.

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dates changed 11 times, both up and down. If you have a VIN, your ahead of the game.

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with the others, if you have your VIN you are ahead of the game. There do not seem to be anywhere near as many people posting that there build has been delayed 4,5,6+ times.
I would be curious as to how many different suppliers Ford has to rely on to get the parts to the plant for the trucks to be built. All these parts have to fall in place, be available when needed to keep the line going as scheduled. Missing one part could mean rescheduling a few or many to keep the line moving.
How many have been rescheduled, back or forward since the end of January?

Ken
p.s. I have had my VIN and tentative production in the last week of 04/23, for 10 days now, nothing changed on Ford.ca tracking site.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the rare luck of getting a build date and vin. The truck was build a week early. I am picking her up tomorrow.

OP
OP
Trucklett2023

Trucklett2023

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with the others, if you have your VIN you are ahead of the game. There do not seem to be anywhere near as many people posting that there build has been delayed 4,5,6+ times.
I would be curious as to how many different suppliers Ford has to rely on to get the parts to the plant for the trucks to be built. All these parts have to fall in place, be available when needed to keep the line going as scheduled. Missing one part could mean rescheduling a few or many to keep the line moving.
How many have been rescheduled, back or forward since the end of January?

Ken
p.s. I have had my VIN and tentative production in the last week of 04/23, for 10 days now, nothing changed on Ford.ca tracking site.
I got an email with my vin and a scheduled date for may 15. I put the VIN in the Ford app and it shows a 2023 maverick and all my details. However, on the ford website, it still shows it as “order confirmed” and not “scheduled for production”

Sponsored

rjvandoel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze LT 16, Odyssey EX-L 23, Maverick XLT 23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I ordered an xlt hybrid carbonized grey with 300 group, xlt luxury package, copilot 360, moonroof, remote start, and sliding back window.
Yeah it sucks but you cannot be surprised. You knew the score when you ordered it. I was pushed back twice but all within the same month. First it was scheduled: 3/7 then 3/16 finally 3/27 but my blend date is actually 3/21. My order is somewhere in a railcar at the moment.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My build date started out April 11th. Now it is showing April 15th (a Saturday?) Ugh. I was hoping for a mid-week build for the best quality. Maybe it will end up getting pushed as far as the 18th or 19th by the time its done or even further...SMH, but at least its going to get built.

And then I check again and its back to April 12th. I should just stop looking until I get another notice from Ford.

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was scheduled and received my VIN on 2/09 for build week 4/18. So far it hasn't moved but I'm expecting it to. It is what it is at this point. Not gonna sweat a few weeks either direction.
Sponsored