First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Folks, this is my first Hybrid vehicle, so I have zero experience with electric engines. One of our members bought a NOCO 1250 Boost Portable Jump Starter for his hybrid Maverick. IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE IN MY REAR STORAGE COMPARTMENT? The price is under $150, so, if I really need it, it is not a budget buster. That said, I don't need another expensive toy if it is just going to take up space and never be used. So, I will appreciate any input from you-all. My truck should be delivered to my dealer between April 26 and May 2, so my breathing is starting to get more difficult.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If not for you, for when you need to help someone else out. You can get one for much cheaper than $150. Look around on Amazon.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My brother in law got me a NOCO-GBX45 Charge Pack for Christmas. I was actually thinking about getting one, so the gift was timely. It seems like a really easy way to help someone out or get yourself out of a tight spot if nobody can get to you quick. Look at it as cheap insurance.

Last edited:

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don’t need to carry a boost pack for a Hybrid any more than you would for a non hybrid. Do you carry one now? No? Then the answer is no.

Ohio44890

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion, 2003 Heritage Softail
Engine
Undecided
I have the 45 model….they work great if you need a jump

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a portable jump starter. You can get one for less than $75...

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Folks, this is my first Hybrid vehicle, so I have zero experience with electric engines. One of our members bought a NOCO 1250 Boost Portable Jump Starter for his hybrid Maverick. IS THIS SOMETHING I SHOULD HAVE IN MY REAR STORAGE COMPARTMENT? The price is under $150, so, if I really need it, it is not a budget buster. That said, I don't need another expensive toy if it is just going to take up space and never be used. So, I will appreciate any input from you-all. My truck should be delivered to my dealer between April 26 and May 2, so my breathing is starting to get more difficult.
I've had one for a year and it is so much damn easier than finding another car and using cables. They can be bought for under a hundred.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pros: Say you're out camping and wake up in the morning and the vehicle is dead and worse your phone is almost out of juice. The jumper/backup battery not only can hopefully get your vehicle started without relying on being able to find another person with a vehicle, but if you need to charge your phone to call for help because its more than just a dead battery and be able to direct them an hour later to when they get there, you're in business. Its also generally safer with modern more sensitive electronics to jump the vehicle with a NOCO type battery than with jump cables to another vehicle, and its also just a lot easier no maneuvering required such as pushing your vehicle in neutral because you're in a parking garage with spaces occupied next to you so another vehicle can get close enough.

Cons: Jumper cables are smaller and cheaper and they don't mind sitting untouched for years even in the hottest summer climates. The battery on the other hand will need to be topped off now and then, and in two years it may puff up and become unsafe to keep in your vehicle as a fire hazard or fail even faster under very hot conditions since vehicles can become like ovens parked in the sun.

I have a NOCO battery backup in each vehicle, but only purchased when they were heavily discounted usually on a black Friday sale. Only time I've used them was once brought in when at the hospital since I didn't have a phone charger and was able to get the phone topped off, and the second time surprisingly to jump a very old airplane with a weak battery and we were glad that was packed in the little emergency kit even though the original idea for bringing it was just in case we needed to power the portable GPS in the plane or our phones since the battery didn't have signs of problems working just fine when he took it off the battery tender and flew off but not after lunch on one of our stops.

tl;dr: I have one, recommend it, but only if you get one at a great discount as its not a must-have.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering some Mavericks have battery drain issues, it's not a bad idea. I keep one in all my cars regardless of how new or reliable they are. Plus, when you are put on the spot to jump start someone else's car, at least you don't have to use your own car to jump them.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just replaced a 5 year old Aukey one with an Audew ( recommended by Project Farm). I have used them for others way more than myself, but it is nice for peace of mind. Most double as a portable USB battery pack so if your power goes out, you can grab it to charge phones, tablets, etc. I have gotten lots of surprised looks when a tiny box jumps a truck or big SUV.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm assuming the smallest, least powerful Noco would be more than sufficient for a hybrid since the 12v doesn't have to power a starter?

OP
OP

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The most useful one is cordless and has a built-in tire inflator.

Lokithor JA300 Jump Starter with Air Compressor
12B7C468-96AC-4786-8DAD-2CFC5CE0F877.jpeg
Thanks to all of you guys! Reading your responses reminded me of the 60 years of jump-starting other peoples' cars with my jumper cables, and what a PITA it was. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. For the first time in my life, I have no outside electrical hookup, as I live in an apartment. Last week, I had to put a little air in a rear tire to get the dashboard light to go off, so I had to drive over to my sister's house, run my extension cord from the driveway to her garage, then hook it up to my little air compressor. I live in the 20th century, and I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around the "portable charger" concept, even after reading the instructions. THANKS AGAIN. After last week's experience, the air compressor sold me, so I ordered the Lokithor JA300 off Amazon for $99.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The most useful one is cordless and has a built-in tire inflator.

Lokithor JA300 Jump Starter with Air Compressor
12B7C468-96AC-4786-8DAD-2CFC5CE0F877.jpeg
I bought a Halo rechargeable Air Compressor w/ Jumper cables (and portable power cell with emergency light). Fits neatly under the back seat. I gave one to my daughter for her birthday and she bought one for each of her vehicles and for her in-laws. They're just dandy things to have, regardless of brand.
https://halo.acgbrands.com/en_US/halo-bolt-air-plus.html
Ford Maverick Portable Jump Starter - a Necessity? 1649333975480
Sponsored