Sponsored

Poorly Executed Door Design

SeniorChiefMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat (on order)
Is there anything of substance you care to rant and rave about? You're sounding like a whiney little Gen-Z'er. Sorry the world isn't all about yoooouuuuuuuu.
Sponsored

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have lived in North Texas for 3 1/2 years and 13 years prior to that I lived in the Phoenix, Arizona vacinity. Whenever I go for a drive; at least during the hot months, I remember to take a water bottle with me before I remember anything else.
So, just for grins and giggles I took nine (9) different water bottles from my cupboard that looked to possibly fit the pocket for the Maverick water bottle. Seven; yes 7, of the nine bottles I tried are what I call a fit for the receptacle in the door.
Now I don't know what y"all consider a fit, but none fell out when I opened and closed the door. To me that is a fit.
I sure hope that the FoMoCo engineers contact any of you that have a water bottle in the door issue so that they can re-engineer this part of the vehicle to MAKE YOU HAPPY!

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just want to rant a little about the "Water Bottle" design of the doors. It is well documented that nothing fits well in the front door holders, I've tried four different bottles, none would fit, all for different reasons. After my fourth purchase a few weeks back I made peace with the fact I just wont be able to use it for anything other than a throw away bottle of water and I've resigned to using the rear door holders for transporting my bottle to work and school and back. I keep my backpack back there anyways, so whatever.

The last bottle I purchased was this one. It almost fits in the front except its too tall. Well today I was driving back to work from school and took a turn and I hear my water bottle fall out , well it did it in such a way that it popped the lip open and I hear the unmistakable glug, glug, glug sound of all my water pouring into the floorboard. Luckily I have all weather floor liners so the water is just a puddle and not leaking into the carpet. But this bottle is too small for the rear doors now, and wants to fall out. What kinda Goldilocks ass water bottle fits this truck?

Who the hell designed these doors and for what water bottles? Nothing fits just right. Why won't ford release a list of water bottles that fit in the door as that was a thing they used a ton in the marketing? Hell, the "official" maverick water bottle from Ford doesn't fit in the front door. Just a cursory glance at both doors and I can't see a reason why the front door pockets could have the same size bottle holders as the rear. None of this makes sense.

Rant over...
How about a little velco patch on the door and your bottle?

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the buttons down the middle of our Vette as does my wife unbelievable function and form. Because they are not on the dash they were able to lower the cowl for great visibility a great benefit. Also love that it has cup holders in a sports car, that alone makes a 911 killer. pooy on performance if you cant hydrate.

IMG_5514.JPG
What 911 are you in that doesn't have cup holders?? Maybe a ClubSport or Cup car but that's about it. All 911 models have cup holders.

Sponsored

sasman666

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been in more than a few 911s and I can’t recall a single one that had a decent cup holder. Porsche cup holders are only cup holders in the academic use of the word Totally useless crazy designs.

Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design 359FAC42-E582-4DF7-9854-BB24C4C061DA

Wouldn’t trust them to hold anything but a small plastic water bottle with a cap on it so when it tips over it won’t spill. My buddy who loves his 911 says they should be banned from cars and coffee because you can’t actual carry a coffee in the car.

Check out the Top Gear America episode on Motortrend TV episode where Dax Sheppard Compares the Vette to a Porsche and a Lotus and declares it the winner because of its cup holders. 😜

MTBMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just want to rant a little about the "Water Bottle" design of the doors. It is well documented that nothing fits well in the front door holders, I've tried four different bottles, none would fit, all for different reasons. After my fourth purchase a few weeks back I made peace with the fact I just wont be able to use it for anything other than a throw away bottle of water and I've resigned to using the rear door holders for transporting my bottle to work and school and back. I keep my backpack back there anyways, so whatever.

The last bottle I purchased was this one. It almost fits in the front except its too tall. Well today I was driving back to work from school and took a turn and I hear my water bottle fall out , well it did it in such a way that it popped the lip open and I hear the unmistakable glug, glug, glug sound of all my water pouring into the floorboard. Luckily I have all weather floor liners so the water is just a puddle and not leaking into the carpet. But this bottle is too small for the rear doors now, and wants to fall out. What kinda Goldilocks ass water bottle fits this truck?

Who the hell designed these doors and for what water bottles? Nothing fits just right. Why won't ford release a list of water bottles that fit in the door as that was a thing they used a ton in the marketing? Hell, the "official" maverick water bottle from Ford doesn't fit in the front door. Just a cursory glance at both doors and I can't see a reason why the front door pockets could have the same size bottle holders as the rear. None of this makes sense.

Rant over...
I have a 20z MiiR bottle and it fits perfectly. It actually kinda locks in when you place it fully upright. I changed the lid on to for other reasons and that also fits. https://www.miir.com its straight sided, 2.75" diameter and I put it in the back part of the front door panel. 22' Lariat Hybrid . Amazon has em as well. $29 on Amazon but I got mine free in a gift bag after a test drive of the Lucid Gran Touring.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the front door, two of my favorite bottles fit very well; secure but not too snug. A standard-width bicycle water bottle also fits perfectly. The back door holds a 32oz nalgene bottle well.

The bad news is the first two shown in the video are now discontinued. It looks like the only thing GSI modified in the redesign of the Microlite 570 tour is the lid, (first tumbler shown in the video).

1.GSI MIcrolite 570 tour (stainless steel vacuum insulated)
https://trailrecon.com/gsi-outdoors-microlite-570-tour.html

The current nalgene on-the-fly, (OTF) bottle might fit just as well as the second bottle shown in my video though the modern version looks like it slightly bows outward in the middle.

2. Nalgene OTF 24 oz

3. Any bike water bottle

4. Nalgene 32 oz

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's funny, I had the same criticism, but only because they made a big deal out of the cupholders and I don't find them to be anything special. My 36 oz yeti fits nowhere and is basically just a projectile on my seat. I do have a 16oz stainless steel I got at Target that fits perfect in the drivers door that I usually forget is there.

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they had alcohol dependency issues, because the only thing I've found to fit it was a bottle of wine.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Rant over...
Get yourself a 21oz Hydroflask from Amazon. Problem solved.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure which is worse; the fact that there is this much discontent and difficulty regarding water bottles or the fact that I read all eight pages LOL. Of problems to have folks...this seems like a hill not worth dying on. Just two cents from me, and it was free hahaha!

Reactions: PRH