Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just want to rant a little about the "Water Bottle" design of the doors. It is well documented that nothing fits well in the front door holders, I've tried four different bottles, none would fit, all for different reasons. After my fourth purchase a few weeks back I made peace with the fact I just wont be able to use it for anything other than a throw away bottle of water and I've resigned to using the rear door holders for transporting my bottle to work and school and back. I keep my backpack back there anyways, so whatever.

The last bottle I purchased was this one. It almost fits in the front except its too tall. Well today I was driving back to work from school and took a turn and I hear my water bottle fall out , well it did it in such a way that it popped the lip open and I hear the unmistakable glug, glug, glug sound of all my water pouring into the floorboard. Luckily I have all weather floor liners so the water is just a puddle and not leaking into the carpet. But this bottle is too small for the rear doors now, and wants to fall out. What kinda Goldilocks ass water bottle fits this truck?

Who the hell designed these doors and for what water bottles? Nothing fits just right. Why won't ford release a list of water bottles that fit in the door as that was a thing they used a ton in the marketing? Hell, the "official" maverick water bottle from Ford doesn't fit in the front door. Just a cursory glance at both doors and I can't see a reason why the front door pockets could have the same size bottle holders as the rear. None of this makes sense.

Rant over...
Sponsored

Last edited:

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....does sound plenty maddening! I'm hoping my 20oz Zojirushi fits, but don't have my Mav yet to try it....

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The door design is just comical- Almost nothing fits and then in the rear with the wider opening for something it has just a tiny lip that anything just falls out/over- Its maddening. The doors look cool until you try and have them hold anything-

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hydroflask 24oz snaps on the front door perfectly. I've had it in my truck for weeks and it hasn't come out.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 5 cell Aluminum flashlight is the only thing in my door panels. Nothing else stays put or rattles.

Even the much maligned new issue Venza is better, at least 2-1/2 liter plastic water bottles fit in each front door pocket. .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a couple of skinny yeti bottles that fit. If they made it too big, then you’d be wining that your bottle rattled. Find the right bottle!

This is like saying, “those Levi’s are poorly designed” because my 34” waist won’t fit in a size 30.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rojo

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford isn't the only one with design issues on the doors. I have a 2022 Tuscon and the only cup holders worth a damn are the ones in the center console and in the rear fold-down arm rest with holders.

The door cup holders in the Tuscon are at an angle and only work for bottles with tight fitting lids. Also, I find the door pockets to be much smaller in comparison.

One nice aspect of the Maverick is the console sits lower than some, so the center cup holders work very well for tall cups or bottles.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
I just want to rant a little about the "Water Bottle" design of the doors. It is well documented that nothing fits well in the front door holders, I've tried four different bottles, none would fit, all for different reasons. After my fourth purchase a few weeks back I made peace with the fact I just wont be able to use it for anything other than a throw away bottle of water and I've resigned to using the rear door holders for transporting my bottle to work and school and back. I keep my backpack back there anyways, so whatever.

The last bottle I purchased was this one. It almost fits in the front except its too tall. Well today I was driving back to work from school and took a turn and I hear my water bottle fall out , well it did it in such a way that it popped the lip open and I hear the unmistakable glug, glug, glug sound of all my water pouring into the floorboard. Luckily I have all weather floor liners so the water is just a puddle and not leaking into the carpet. But this bottle is too small for the rear doors now, and wants to fall out. What kinda Goldilocks ass water bottle fits this truck?

Who the hell designed these doors and for what water bottles? Nothing fits just right. Why won't ford release a list of water bottles that fit in the door as that was a thing they used a ton in the marketing? Hell, the "official" maverick water bottle from Ford doesn't fit in the front door. Just a cursory glance at both doors and I can't see a reason why the front door pockets could have the same size bottle holders as the rear. None of this makes sense.

Rant over...
Amazon.com: RTIC 20 oz Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle, Metal Stainless Steel Double Wall Insulation, BPA Free Reusable, Leak-Proof Thermos Flask for Hot and Cold Drinks, Travel, Sports, Camping, Lava: Home & Kitchen

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's just one of the things that I'm going to have to hack over time.
Sponsored