First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL / 1959 Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember the old lap belts, the male end could open one from any angle.
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cant open a beer right. That's it I am selling my maverick!!! How dare they. lol.

trumpet77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2009 Porsche Cayman
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure the problem is drinking an IPA instead of a great wheat beer…

Hcopter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ranger, 2023 Maverick Lariat, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you provided your VIN and dealer name to the forum's Ford rep so they can check into it on their end?

Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hah - I'm gonna be one of those click-bait posters, except I'm not linking to my YouTube video and providing no other thread substance like some a__ posters do.

Just wanted to warn and vent about the tailgate bottle openers - it seems that due to the angle needed to use them to open your bottle of beer, it makes it highly likely to get a bit of spray. Happened on 3 or 4 beers this weekend, a couple of different IPAs. Luckily I had an open beer in my hand to quickly drown my sorrows.
Same beer, same condition, opened with your normal bottle opener and a more level bottle = no spray.

I'm now sadly going to have to think of these as only backup openers, and poor ones at that (as so many other implements could work instead).

Unfortunately one of the best features they included, is a dud [for suds]. My avatar's life is numbered...
WHAT tailgate opener ???????????????????

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hah - I'm gonna be one of those click-bait posters, except I'm not linking to my YouTube video and providing no other thread substance like some a__ posters do.

Just wanted to warn and vent about the tailgate bottle openers - it seems that due to the angle needed to use them to open your bottle of beer, it makes it highly likely to get a bit of spray. Happened on 3 or 4 beers this weekend, a couple of different IPAs. Luckily I had an open beer in my hand to quickly drown my sorrows.
Same beer, same condition, opened with your normal bottle opener and a more level bottle = no spray.

I'm now sadly going to have to think of these as only backup openers, and poor ones at that (as so many other implements could work instead).

Unfortunately one of the best features they included, is a dud [for suds]. My avatar's life is numbered...
Hmmm? Only happens on third or fourth beer????😁
Sponsored