2.5L Hybrid

46weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 1500, 18 Kona, Maverick(maybe) ord 12/10/21
This one fits with no ratteling and stays in place when door is slammed. It's a Nalgene On the Fly 24 Oz bottle.
Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design 20220901_125312

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shortly after ordering our new Maverick, my wife picked up this bottle at Food Lion grocery store on a whim. She gave no thought to whether or not it might fit, she just thought it matched nicely with the Cyber Orange color. (That she also selected. 😉)
And somehow, some way, by some miracle it happens to fit perfectly. Truly as if it were made to measure. Snaps right into place and holds there even when the door is slammed. I've posted a photo of the bottle and the bottom label. Maybe somebody knows where else these bottles might be had, as my wife tells me she hasn't seen them at Food Lion since. 🤷‍♂️

Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design IMG_2947.JPG

Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design IMG_2950.JPG

Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design IMG_2948.JPG

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for the bottle ideas. In my other cars I used the door to store maps and stuff. These doors are too shallow so they fall out. That is something I will DIY unless I can find some sort of holder.

Sponsored

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
32oz Nalgene bottles will fit in the front doors they just go across horizontally instead of standing vertically. The funny thing is they fit perfectly fine vertically in the current generation of Rangers, but they never had that advertised any.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn’t buy the Maverick as a water bottle holder. But I agree. Lame design and I never use it. Cars have had console cup holders for decades. That’s what I continue to use.
Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design image

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I came on to express my frustration at having tried so many different bottles and none fit the front door pocket and also the the rear is too loose for some bottles and my bottle popped out and spilled 24oz of water all over my floor board.
Yes, you did.

Now that other MTC members have shared which bottles fit, are you any happier?

For what it's worth, these are the bottles that I use. They fit well, and snap into place to keep them from ratting or falling out. Amazon.com: RTIC 20 oz Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle, Metal Stainless Steel Double Wall Insulation, BPA Free Reusable, Leak-Proof Thermos Flask for Hot and Cold Drinks, Travel, Sports, Camping, Coral: Home & Kitchen

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
In my modest opinion, the only problem with cars is that there are car designers. These self-aggrandizing clowns feel they have to make their "design mark" on the industry. So they do stupid things like put giant nostrils on the front of BMWs. Or put a ridiculously unusable sweeping bulkhead full of buttons between the passenger and the driver in a Corvette. The list goes on and on and on.

These are the people who brought you piano black. Who brought you visibility in name only. Who took away buttons and knobs because a swooping screen looks cooler (the heck with safety or human factors). And a million other fails. So they can brag about "delivering something new" on their resume. Meanwhile, Porsche has been building the same brilliant 911 since the 60s, with tiny tweaks until it's perfect.

May car designers catch the pox, the lot of them.
It's not just car designers wanting to be artistic it the review industry creating a demand for such things.
I really noticed it about 7 years ago when I was looking at buying a new phone. The review websites and such would fawn over some design change or blast a phone for not looking new despite actual functionality. The designers what to appease the review industry.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would have rather had a pocket there to hold a tablet, book, map, misc papers and such. Having the stubby extension to "help hold a bottle" and then having such a limited choice of water bottles is a little frustrating.

Sponsored

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have a problem with my bottle.

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone have a standard size 28oz blender bottle to test in there’s?

sasman666

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

. Or put a ridiculously unusable sweeping bulkhead full of buttons between the passenger and the driver in a Corvette.
I love the buttons down the middle of our Vette as does my wife unbelievable function and form. Because they are not on the dash they were able to lower the cowl for great visibility a great benefit. Also love that it has cup holders in a sports car, that alone makes a 911 killer. pooy on performance if you cant hydrate.

Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design IMG_5514.JPG

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 5 cell Aluminum flashlight is the only thing in my door panels. Nothing else stays put or rattles.

Even the much maligned new issue Venza is better, at least 2-1 liter plastic water bottles fit in each front door pocket. .
Heh I have a 5 cell maglite in mine too, in case someone something needs "illuminating"

ETA the door pockets need to be deeper and they would be fine.

Rusty Nutts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ram 2500, 2017 Indian Roadmaster, 2019 Ural
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is an ASOBU Alpine Flask. couldn't tell you where to buy one. I got this one free from Marlboro. and the funny thing is I don't even smoke. Just signed up earn free points each month and cash them in for free goodies.

Ford Maverick Poorly Executed Door Design 20220620_163752
Sponsored