First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt 2.0 fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a fwd 2.0 eco back in November while still waiting on my hybrid order. I had read many forms from others that have the same base xlt that were getting mid 30s going 75-80 mpg on the highway. I’ve got 5000 miles on mine now and am very disappointed in it. I’m only averaging 28 and that’s on a good day. If there is even the slightest wind it’s down to around 22. My commute is 100 miles total and all highway. I keep my cruise set at 72 and in eco mode and haven’t seen anywhere close to 30s. Has anyone else noticed this or have any suggestions on how to improve this. If I can’t get the mpgs up I’ll be looking for a new vehicle unfortunately. Thanks
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have two trucks with the only difference between them being 4K towing.

My wife drives the one without 4K and she has 10k+ on hers and averages 26.3 combined.

I drive the one with 4K and cover the same ground she does. It has 4K+ on it and it only averages 23.2 combined.

How knows?

NewMavIL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also in Illinois, but have a hybrid. Most of the year I reached upper 40s mpg on rural slow driving, and now upper 30s mpg in winter. Winter temps make a big difference. You may see much better mpg in a few months.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No EB Maverick is getting mid 30's going 80mph in 20 degree weather.

Quit watching your "instant" mpg, and focus on your tank to tank averages. This time of year in the midwest, mid/high 20's is a good average for mixed driving.

When warm weather & summer formula gas returns, you might start dipping into the 30's as a cumulative average. Keeping your speed to 70 and under will help considerably, if you're truly concerned about FE.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm also in Illinois, but have a hybrid. Most of the year I reached upper 40s mpg on rural slow driving, and now upper 30s mpg in winter. Winter temps make a big difference. You may see much better mpg in a few months.
Jacob, Good job rubbing the hybrid mileage in. I am anxiously waiting on a XLT Hybrid to replace my 22 EB XL. Not that I can complain about the EB mileage but I am sure the hybrid will better it.

Ford Maverick Poor fuel mileage IMG_20230104_074452

jcnnjc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST , Alto Blue Maverick awd fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cold dense air uses more fuel, although makes more power, my MPG in all 3 of my turbo vehicles goes down 2-3 MPG in winter.
I have been getting 28 mpg most of the winter, got 30+ in hottest part of the summer.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

"makes more power" only if you need if. If you don't, it doesn't. Which is 99% of the time. 😎

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My commute is 100 miles total and all highway. I keep my cruise set at 72…
Bro, keep the Eco!

That Hybrid is going to do NOTHING for your type of driving, likely worse in the winter. You are fighting physics; have to reduce speed to reduce wind drag, in order to improve fuel efficiency.
Sponsored