Sponsored

[POLL] Is anyone changing their order now that Ford put out this memo?

What are you removing from your order?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3 Aero
For those of you without a scheduled build date (like me), are you going to change your order like Ford is suggesting, or wait it out? I'm just curious to see where everyone stands now that Ford has put out this memo.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not anything in my configuration that I'm willing to give up on. If i gonna lay out that amount of cash it will be equipped like I ordered it. I'm not gonna change cause Ford's whining. They no excuse for F' ing up 2 product launches in a row. They need to get some competent people that can plan, prepare and procure needed items in advance. Just In Time inventory model needs to go out the window for a while until this mess is cleared up. And while their at time maybe it's time they start making the shit themselves or using manufacturers/suppliers within the USA. Our Country F'd up long ago closing our plants, manufacturing, etc. and sending it out of the country to save a frigging dollar. I'll get off my rant now.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3 Aero
I suspect a lot of people aren't willing to remove anything from their order. Everyone most likely made up their mind on what they wanted before they even ordered it. I definitely think the dealer accessories are a no-brainer to remove though. They can be easily ordered and installed by buyer or dealer.

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
Not changing anything but after talking to my dealer I did order a Ranger Tremor today - now the race is on to see which one gets built first!

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
There should be another poll option about getting a different vehicle all together. Wife and I are going out Sunday to look at Rav4 hybrids, maybe even a Prius. If those are ridiculously marked up, then I'm just going to wait out the Maverick; no changes.

Sponsored

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I get why some people would remove options to get their Mavs sooner, but I am not one of them. The whole point of ordering was to get exactly what I want and need in the vehicle. I would rather wait it out or buy a Santa Cruz, Frontier, or Tacoma off the lot.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6 July order XLT hybrid with Lux package (spray-in) and nothing else. I figure I'm near the top of the list at this point and want the items in the Lux package, so I am not making any changes. While I would like to get my truck sooner rather than later, I wouldn't be particularly disappointed to get bumped to a my23 (I don't see that happening).

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will just wait it out. If they say they can't supply one, I'll get my deposit back and go shopping for something else that is a hybrid.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There should be another poll option about getting a different vehicle all together. Wife and I are going out Sunday to look at Rav4 hybrids, maybe even a Prius. If those are ridiculously marked up, then I'm just going to wait out the Maverick; no changes.
I put a deposit on an incoming RAV4 Hybrid the other day. It is supposed to already be in production and was 37 days from delivery on the day I put down the deposit. Out the door it will be about the same price as the most expensive Maverick I ordered, perhaps about $1000 more. It was marked up over MSRP by $1000, so that is really the difference. Technically that $1000 is for dealer installed money makers like fabric protector, paint sealant, etc. that I would, in normal times, refuse. They wouldn't budge on it though, knowing there are people behind me willing to pay it. So, it wasn't a straight ADM, I am getting something for the money, it is just something overpriced that I didn't want.

Anyway, I'm not changing anything on any of my Maverick orders. I'm actually hoping they get bumped to 2023 and Ford offers a significant rebate to those of us who got bumped. That will give me a chance to drive the RAV4 Hybrid for a while and see if it is the vehicle for me. If it isn't I can:

-Trade it on the Maverick when it comes in or sell it and buy the Maverick

-Convince my wife she wants the RAV4 and trade her car on the Maverick

-If the car market is still nuts, take delivery of the Maverick and flip it

-Go in with my oldest son's grandparents and buy the Maverick for him for college graduation as he will likely be graduating about the time my Maverick is delivered if it gets bumped to 2023.

-Lastly, the least likely option, if Ford gives 2022 orders flipped to 2023 a substantial rebate and I get my $3k off MSRP Granger order then I might just buy it and keep it along with the RAV4 and my wife's car. Again, that is least likely.

So, I'm not changing anything. Maybe I should add the Lux package to my two orders that don't have it so there is more chance I get bumped to 2023.

Dirtball

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Focus Hatch SE;2017 Buick Encore Essence
Thanks for making a poll. This will be great info. I'm in the camp of not changing anything. It's a custom order for a reason.

Sponsored
First Name
Charlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 ford focus se
Not anything in my configuration that I'm willing to give up on. If i gonna lay out that amount of cash it will be equipped like I ordered it. I'm not gonna change cause Ford's whining. They no excuse for F' ing up 2 product launches in a row. They need to get some competent people that can plan, prepare and procure needed items in advance. Just In Time inventory model needs to go out the window for a while until this mess is cleared up. And while their at time maybe it's time they start making the shit themselves or using manufacturers/suppliers within the USA. Our Country F'd up long ago closing our plants, manufacturing, etc. and sending it out of the country to save a frigging dollar. I'll get off my rant now.
I removed the co pilot from my hybrid xlt and the price of the vehicle went up 80, the moon roof went up almost 300 and the luxury pkg went up about 200. I also assume the guaranteed interest rate of 1.9 has gone bye bye too. When I went in today to have the dealer fix it they basically said they couldn't help. I got kicked out when I said WTF LOL. I'm going to call marketing on Monday and see what they say. I wonder if I can transfer my order to another dealer ? I'd rather do business with someone who at least tries to help the customer who is shelling out 30k for a vehicle. Irritated 8n Dayton NV.

TulieMark06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not changing a thing! The Maverick ticked all the boxes on my vehicle shopping list, what I ordered is what I want.

I’m retired and really don’t need a new vehicle so the wait, while frustrating, is bearable. That said, should I get bumped to a MY23 list I may reconsider my choice and check out alternatives.

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not changing anything but also coming to acceptance of significant delay. Nothing out there that satisfies my needs.

I want my truck, but if it doesn't show till next November I'll probably be fine. Not happy, but fine.
Sponsored