Placing music on a USB drive

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
THey can only be used one at a time, so technically you can use only one.
That's not what I understood from the manual!?

pat----

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not what I understood from the manual!?

pat----
I have the Carplay wireless adaptor (TNVTEC) plugged into the lower USB-A jack, and I have a USB-C thumb drive with MP3 files plugged into the upper USB-C jack.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So songs can only be played sequentially. If you want to play song number 327 of 400 it seems I have to fast forward 326 times?
No, you can browse by song, artist, or album. It's a very intuitive interface.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know how large (gigs) a USB drive can be to play music? I have a 2018 Escape and I can only use a 8 gig USB drive. It holds a ton of music, and putting on shuffle play I have quite the variety or I can play a specific artist or album. However, I only discovered the limit after I bought a 1 terabyte drive that it wouldn't recognize it. I cant find in the Maverick manual what the limit is?
I don't know what the limit is but I used a 128GB SSD and it works just as a USB drive does.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what the limit is but I used a 128GB SSD and it works just as a USB drive does.
Thanks ill give that a try.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But if your device is connected by USB, instead of Bluetooth, there is no analog path only digital. So wouldn't a phone/tablet connected by USB also get the better DAC quality on the Maverick?

hmmmmm

Can we stream from a phone/tablet over USB as if the device is a USB storage device?
I was referring to a phone connected via Bluetooth. I think the same applies to the phone if it is connected via USB. The source for the music would be the phone, although I'm not certain about this. If I ever get my Maverick I'll compare the two.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not my understanding. Can you try it and let us know? Wish I had my Maverick to test this!

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am so thankful for MTC and this post. I just received my Maverick and I have a thumb drive and the Motorola dongle for wireless connection to my phone and the thumb drive would cut out and just stop working and I couldn't figure out why. It worked just fine in my Escape. So thinking maybe the drive went bad...could have happend, I put my music on a new drive and that one simply wasn't recognized by the Maverick at all.
Came here to try to get answers and I stumbled on this post and Eagle11's post was the answer. I removed my dongle and viola! it worked. Thank you so much.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had no issues playing off the USB with it connected alongside an AAWireless, FWIW.
Yeah. I was so certain that was it, but driving after i posted and it still won't work. Can I ask what format of flash drive and anything else you can think of. I'm at a loss. The drive was flawless in my Ford Escape.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had no issues playing off the USB with it connected alongside an AAWireless, FWIW.
I don't think you understand the issue. You can't change to a different song when the vehicle is moving, you get the warning I showed in my original post. if that's not an issue I don't know what is!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think you understand the issue. You can't change to a different song when the vehicle is moving, you get the warning I showed in my original post. if that's not an issue I don't know what is!
That's not a limitation of supposedly only being able to have one USB port occupied. That is a limitation of programming for safety.
Sponsored