First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I transfer my music library to a USB, can and how do I play it in the Maverick?
Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I transfer my music library to a USB, can and how do I play it in the Maverick?
Yes, front cabin USB ports have data transfer capability.
Ford Maverick Placing music on a USB drive 1638483567813

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So songs can only be played sequentially. If you want to play song number 327 of 400 it seems I have to fast forward 326 times?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So songs can only be played sequentially. If you want to play song number 327 of 400 it seems I have to fast forward 326 times?
That is how my 2014 mazda 3 works. Basically unusable. Hopefully Ford has progressed some since that time.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Flash drives as so cheap now (just bought 30 for 4GB FD’s for $2.69 each and put variety of music on each one.

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As long as the mp3 files have the correct metadata you should have no problem seeing your music files. I have my music files in directories using the hierarchy: Artist -> Album Name -> Album Tracks. Hell, I had a 2008 Ford Focus and was able to use voice commands to play "artist" or "album" or "track" using voice commands. Just make sure you set the audio source to USB.

Also note that you get the best audio quality using a USB drive, compared to streaming music from your phone. The reason is that with a USB drive the DAC (Digital Audio Controller) of your vehicle is used, rather than the tiny DAC in your phone.

Note that I have confirmed with Ford that in the Maverick you can use voice commands to play audio and make phone calls WITHOUT having your phone connected, using only Bluetooth.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is how my 2014 mazda 3 works. Basically unusable. Hopefully Ford has progressed some since that time.
YOu don't think Ford doesn't do this already? If you want a cheap truck you won't get some thrills. Just like flying the ULCC airlines....

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YOu don't think Ford doesn't do this already? If you want a cheap truck you won't get some thrills. Just like flying the ULCC airlines....
No doubt it's gonna be bottom tier, but it should be better than 2014.

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know how large (gigs) a USB drive can be to play music? I have a 2018 Escape and I can only use a 8 gig USB drive. It holds a ton of music, and putting on shuffle play I have quite the variety or I can play a specific artist or album. However, I only discovered the limit after I bought a 1 terabyte drive that it wouldn't recognize it. I cant find in the Maverick manual what the limit is?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know how large (gigs) a USB drive can be to play music? I have a 2018 Escape and I can only use a 8 gig USB drive. It holds a ton of music, and putting on shuffle play I have quite the variety or I can play a specific artist or album. However, I only discovered the limit after I bought a 1 terabyte drive that it wouldn't recognize it. I cant find in the Maverick manual what the limit is?
What drive brand and how was the drive formatted? A quick search shows people using up to at least 256gb drives formatted in ExFat and FAT32 with MBR partition table. Also fakes/counterfeit drives with phony capacities aren't uncommon. The manual only lists a limitation of how many songs the system can index which is 50,000.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why I plan on using my old Iphone5 as an IPod(MP3 player). I have thousands of songs on it and when I plug it in I can shuffle and move through the songs. Perfect item to place in the cubby....

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is why I plan on using my old Iphone5 as an IPod(MP3 player). I have thousands of songs on it and when I plug it in I can shuffle and move through the songs. Perfect item to place in the cubby....
FYI, you get superior sound quality from a USB thumb drive loaded with music, compared to streaming from a phone. The reason is that the thumb drive utilizes the vehicles much larger digital audio converter (DAC). If sound quality is important to you, then use the USB drive.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
FYI, you get superior sound quality from a USB thumb drive loaded with music, compared to streaming from a phone. The reason is that the thumb drive utilizes the vehicles much larger digital audio converter (DAC). If sound quality is important to you, then use the USB drive.
But if your device is connected by USB, instead of Bluetooth, there is no analog path only digital. So wouldn't a phone/tablet connected by USB also get the better DAC quality on the Maverick?

hmmmmm

Can we stream from a phone/tablet over USB as if the device is a USB storage device?
Sponsored