First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone considering adding pinstriping to theirs? My black 2000 Ranger has goldish double pin stripes that looks really nice, as did my old white Camry (black double stripe). But with how modern vehicles are a bit more swoopy, I can’t decide if pinstriping will be a good look.

Has anyone done their own and if so, if it looks bad, is it easy to remove? I’m getting Velocity Blue so was thinking a dark grey double pinstripe might look nice to match the dark plastics. I found pics of newer F150s with striping and it looked kind of meh, mainly because of the body lines with the window drop.

For professional installation, does anyone know a recent cost for double pinstripes?
Sponsored

foxwood28

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
My dealer wanted to add them onto mine (they do it on all cars) for $199 and I asked them to remove it. They removed it without any argument and I'd rather save the money. But if you like them, that's what my dealer was charging and they have a specific guy who comes in and puts them on

OP
OP
TheBear

TheBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer wanted to add them onto mine (they do it on all cars) for $199 and I asked them to remove it. They removed it without any argument and I'd rather save the money. But if you like them, that's what my dealer was charging and they have a specific guy who comes in and puts them on
Thanks, that seems like a decent deal to have them professionally done if you want them. I’ll now consider spending the $20 or so to diy and see if it looks nice enough to have professionally done. Now gotta nail down colors.

foxwood28

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Thanks, that seems like a decent deal to have them professionally done if you want them. I’ll now consider spending the $20 or so to diy and see if it looks nice enough to have professionally done. Now gotta nail down colors.
Yeah I didn't think the price was outrageous at all for a pro to do it. But I went with Area 51 and didn't think the pinstripe would add much in appearance for me personally. They were super easy to work with in not doing it. So no complaints from me

Robert m

First Name
Robert m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
I did it to a truck many years ago. Maybe an hours time and $5-$10 materials. It looked great. If you don’t like it it will peel off. I would do it again if I wanted pin stripes!

Sponsored

Dturano547

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 10 Ford Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im planing on getting my maverick pinstriped, hand painted. I love the look, and when done right it really makes a big difference. Im going area 51 but still may jump ship, i think the color makes a big difference on options and style. If i went cactus blue I would go with some two or three color options that will really pop. I know a lot of members dont have one yet but anyone have any pics of a maverick with pinstripes on it?

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did it to a truck many years ago. Maybe an hours time and $5-$10 materials. It looked great. If you don’t like it it will peel off. I would do it again if I wanted pin stripes!
^^^^^^^^^^ what he said, their is nothing to doing pin striping and easily peels off.

Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is anyone considering adding pinstriping to theirs? My black 2000 Ranger has goldish double pin stripes that looks really nice, as did my old white Camry (black double stripe). But with how modern vehicles are a bit more swoopy, I can’t decide if pinstriping will be a good look.

Has anyone done their own and if so, if it looks bad, is it easy to remove? I’m getting Velocity Blue so was thinking a dark grey double pinstripe might look nice to match the dark plastics. I found pics of newer F150s with striping and it looked kind of meh, mainly because of the body lines with the window drop.

For professional installation, does anyone know a recent cost for double pinstripes?
I ordered mine from Ford accessories website with dealer installation. The dealer called me that my parts were in, I picked them up at parts, took them to service, they called someone to install them. I think they look great, but that is just me.

Ford Maverick Pinstriping - DIY or dealer or ? IMG_20220314_152523437_HDR

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m thinking of adding the double pin stripe and getting STX added to it for the fun of things. My 07 ranger stx had it, looked great.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m thinking of adding the double pin stripe and getting STX added to it for the fun of things. My 07 ranger stx had it, looked great.
Post some pics when you do add them. It should look great!
Sponsored