Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MSRP on the Ford / SnugTop bed cap is $3,449.

See info / pricelist @
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ug-top-sport-bed-cap-camper-shell-topper.803/
Just too much for me.
I agree. I am more function-over-form, but the topper on the Maverick makes it look like a mini-hearse to me.

I am glad to see that there is a commercial/work truck version. I've had ARE DCU's on my last two trucks and hope they come out with one for the Maverick. But being function-over-form, I'd gladly take the commercial SnugTop if that's all that's offered.

I'd be hesitant to take the regular version of the Snugtop. Those curved windows are not cheap to replace, and the ability to access the bed from the sides via the Windoors is the biggest plus to me. I mounted LED lights on the insides of the doors on my ARE DCUs. With the Windoors and rear door flipped up, I had great scene/campsite lighting.
I'm form over function on everything usually as well, but if I'm paying $30K for a new truck and $3500 for a canopy it better look nice and that one just looks weird. It just reminds me of when people put big canopies on the old rangers or Toyotas and they looked like a bad fit.
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Great looking topper, any sign of who manufactured it? I see the Ford logo, but you know they didn’t make it any more than they make there own tonneau covers.
Guess you missed this photo.

Ford Maverick Pics: Maverick Bed Cap Topper (SnugTop) + seat covers + First Edition Maverick + Molded Splash Guards 1629925883404

Last edited:

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When the Hybrid is in reverse the back-up beep is VERY faint. I could barely hear it standing 5’ from the truck.
My assumption with mine is that it's more to make sure 'I' know I'm in reverse.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I think it's competitively-priced for what it is. My ARE DCU with a laundry list of options was about $3000 brand new, and I didn't get paint matching.

Is it possible that the extra height of the topper has the top resting high enough that it can carry items that extend over the top of the cab and keeps them raised as to be slightly higher than the shark fin portion of the antennae?
That's what I'm thinking; the topper looks to be a "mid-rise" rather than a "cab-high" version. The cab-highs are sometimes a misnomer depending on the roof structure of the topper. Some cab-high toppers with extra-strength roofs have a ceiling that's lower than the roof of the cab.

The pictures look like the topper has a cutout to allow for cargo that is as tall or taller than the cab.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that the Antenna in the final production is going to be shark fin, and not this long antenna - can anyone confirm?
I thought the same thing from other photos posted on the forum. Someone pointed out to me that the long antenna part screws off and that was why the photos looked that way. I zoomed in on one of the photos and you could see the screw base.

We will have to wait and see what we get.

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is no one talking about the led lights in the wheel wells above the tires like an off-roader? 😄

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going to be happy with my Softopper. That just doesn't look good to me

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
God Bless Texas and the brave men and women of this forum who are going out of their way to get eyes on these Mavs and get news out to the rest of us!!

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
God Bless Texas and the brave men and women of this forum who are going out of their way to get eyes on these Mavs and get news out to the rest of us!!
Anything for my fellow Maverick-clan!

I may have stopped for a few minutes and snacked on the free food too, hahahaha.
Ford Maverick Pics: Maverick Bed Cap Topper (SnugTop) + seat covers + First Edition Maverick + Molded Splash Guards 9E1F4B0B-C32E-4F55-A914-E3344105616D
Ford Maverick Pics: Maverick Bed Cap Topper (SnugTop) + seat covers + First Edition Maverick + Molded Splash Guards BEF5E3EF-AC81-46A6-982A-8689C3C1CEA7

Sponsored

deadtime

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's so nice to have something nice and NEW to see!! Thank you so much OP!

I believe that the Antenna in the final production is going to be shark fin, and not this long antenna - can anyone confirm?
The antenna is the same as the Bronco Sport. Shark fin with a 7” (or so) stick that comes in a plastic bag. I bought a Bronco Sport, (Area 51 Outer Banks) and the dealer forgot to screw in the stick part of the antenna.
(3 weeks after buying the Lil Bronco the Maverick debuted, took me 3 hours to decide to trade it for a Mav - my Mav will be built 10/4. I’m going from a 3cyl to EB, getting 4K (my Bronco is 2000 towing), getting B&O stereo and moonroof and paying $700 less than what the Bronc cost)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ohhh that's a sexy topper! I ordered the soft roll-up tonneau cover, but damn that cap!🤩
Never even noticed them until your post. I wonder if they are for the show only?

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anything for my fellow Maverick-clan!

I may have stopped for a few minutes and snacked on the free food too, hahahaha.
9E1F4B0B-C32E-4F55-A914-E3344105616D.jpeg
BEF5E3EF-AC81-46A6-982A-8689C3C1CEA7.jpeg
That only enhances the credibility illusion. Well played sir!
Sponsored