First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One more note. As I was leaving the Sheraton parking garage I saw a few more Mavs parked. It's a public/private garage so anyone can get in there(I was at the event for about 2 hours and it cost me $16!). Common wisdom says all the Mavs(looked like 8-10) that were being used for test drives would be parked in the garage over night. So if you've never seen one in person I would suggest taking a quick stop at the Sheraton Downtown Dallas.
I'll be cruising by after work today!
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would sure buy a color matching cap for my Maverick.

Are those caps from Ford or the after market?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The white commercial bed topper takes me back to my days as a cable guy...lol.

Good stuff, bad stuff, and everything in between.

I think Ford is going to take back the work truck market with this sucker. I mean...they always kinda had it, but they've lost market share to other manufacturers up until now.
When I was at my local dealership looking at the Trainer Maverick, a business owner was there looking too and he stated that his monthly fuel bill was $20k! He said he had people in F150 that he could put into a Maverick cutting his fuel cost dramatically. I think you're correct in saying that Ford is going to grab a lot of fleet orders with the Maverick. The fuel savings and work truck platform is going to have a wide appeal.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
When I was at my local dealership looking at the Trainer Maverick, a business owner was there looking too and he stated that his monthly fuel bill was $20k! He said he had people in F150 that he could put into a Maverick cutting his fuel cost dramatically. I think you're correct in saying that Ford is going to grab a lot of fleet orders with the Maverick. The fuel savings and work truck platform is going to have a wide appeal.
For sure the hybrid will be amazing for the pest control, a/c service technicians, and pool cleaning companies for sure.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
And those needing to pull a small trailer the eb has good way better fuel mileage than my current work truck with the same payload. I put 65k miles on my work truck last year 85% was stop n go in gated communities and trough town from one community to the next

Sponsored

SantaStephen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
GLE, Disco II, Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if that "front" window on the cap is removable? Was hoping to be able to open the rear window of the Mav and have it open into the bed but those pics look like there is a solid window on the cap.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Does anyone know if that "front" window on the cap is removable? Was hoping to be able to open the rear window of the Mav and have it open into the bed but those pics look like there is a solid window on the cap.
If you zoom in on the picture there appears to be two latches of some kind on top and what might be a finger pull location on the bottom middle. Looks to be removable to me, but won't know for sure until we see one.

steves

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I just watched @fordvideoguy Q&A from last night(8/24) and Tim mentioned there is a big Ford Dealer Meeting happening this week in Dallas. Tim mentioned the dealers at the meeting are allowed to test drive the Maverick but cannot film anything. I am just curious, does anyone know where this is taking place in Dallas? I would love to be a Gladys Kravitz and spy on this event.

Updated with photos:

Sheraton Downtown Dallas. Private Ford event. 2 Mavs on the floor. Cool Maverick bed cap topper - called the Snug Top Sport.

Note: the Ford / SnugTop bed cap for 2022 Maverick is listed at $3,449 MSRP (see details / pricing)

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 1.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 2.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 4.jpg

Side windows on Ford cap topper opens about 2”.

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 3.jpg

Topper is about 4” higher than cab roof height.

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 5.jpg

Bed cap topper inside liner material. Also has light bar on roof.

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 7.jpg

Snug Top Sport bed cap topper -- part number and label.

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy alto blue lariat 6.jpg

Bed cap topper on Area 51 Maverick

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy on Area 51 .jpg

Work version of the bed cap topper

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy work version oxford white 1.jpg

2022 Ford Maverick bed cap topper canopy work version oxford white.jpg

Maverick Seat Covers

Ford Maverick Seat Covers.jpg

Ford Maverick Seat Covers 1.jpg

Lariat with running lights turned on.

Maverick Lariat with running lights turned on..jpg

Another Lariat with running lights.

Cyber Orange Lariat Maverick DRL Lights.jpg

Outdoor shots:

First Edition Maverick Lariat in Area 51

First Edition Maverick Lariat Area 51.jpg

More photos added. Credit to Adrian A. for these photos.

Ford Maverick Pics: Maverick Bed Cap Topper (SnugTop) + seat covers + First Edition Maverick + Molded Splash Guards {filename}

Ford Maverick Pics: Maverick Bed Cap Topper (SnugTop) + seat covers + First Edition Maverick + Molded Splash Guards {filename}

VIDEO:

steves

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
I just watched @fordvideoguy Q&A from last night(8/24) and Tim mentioned there is a big Ford Dealer Meeting happening this week in Dallas. Tim mentioned the dealers at the meeting are allowed to test drive the Maverick but cannot film anything. I am just curious, does anyone know where this is taking place in Dallas? I would love to be a Gladys Kravitz and spy on this event.

Updated with photos:

Sheraton Downtown Dallas. Private Ford event. 2 Mavs on the floor. Cool Maverick bed cap topper - called the Snug Top Sport.

Note: the Ford / SnugTop bed cap for 2022 Maverick is listed at $3,449 MSRP (see details / pricing)

Side windows on Ford cap topper opens about 2”.

Topper is about 4” higher than cab roof height.

Bed cap topper inside liner material. Also has light bar on roof.

Snug Top Sport bed cap topper -- part number and label.

Bed cap topper on Area 51 Maverick

Work version of the bed cap topper

Maverick Seat Covers

Lariat with running lights turned on.

Another Lariat with running lights.

Outdoor shots:

First Edition Maverick Lariat in Area 51

More photos added. Credit to Adrian A. for these photos.

VIDEO:

Does anyone know what the light is in the rear wheel well? Maybe a spot light?

Sponsored
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know what the light is in the rear wheel well? Maybe a spot light?
It was there just for show. Maybe to draw the eye to the wheels? Not a factory option.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone seen Maverick with running boards? Wife things we might need for her short height.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone seen Maverick with running boards? Wife things we might need for her short height.
I personally haven’t seen any with running boards.

From @Jakb
Ford Maverick Pics: Maverick Bed Cap Topper (SnugTop) + seat covers + First Edition Maverick + Molded Splash Guards 1630170360747

Show height from ground to step in at 14.” Just for reference on actual height.
Sponsored