Sponsored

"Pickup trucks arent practical". Article found is why Im glad I chose a Maverick :)

Mav Max

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pickup Trucks Just Aren’t Actually Practical (motorbiscuit.com)

I found this article this morning. and it hit a few good points regarding pickup trucks.
Sure for some people, trucks are very practical, they are work horses after all. great for hauling and towing. But for most common folks like myself, those trucks are an overkill. they definitely hit the wallet hard at the pump and those damn payments !... I know a few people that have a new or new-ish truck like the f150, Toyota tundra, Ram 1500, (some lifted) and barely use it, if at all, for any hauling and/or towing. they just love the looks and how it makes them feel riding higher than others. To each their own i guess.

After reading through this article... it put a nice smile on my face because i knew i made a great choice on my Maverick.
This truck just checks so many box's on practicality, versatility, affordability and economically at the pump.
I love my Mav in every way, so Hats off to you Ford for a great job. For those still waiting on their orders... it will come.
Sponsored

Last edited:

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Pickup trucks aren't practical."

"Pickup trucks are too easily loaded with stolen merchandise and thus should be outlawed."

Some of these pundits won't be satisfied until we're all lumbering around in station wagons. They've been knocking literally everything else since Jesus Christ was a Private First Class.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

More than happy with my choice. I really did not want a bed so big that friends and family would be asking to borrow it and me to help move their stuff. The 4.5 foot bed is just right ;) As for fuel economy I am beyond happy. I doubled the MPG I was getting in my Honda Element!

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Pickup trucks aren't practical."

"Pickup trucks are too easily loaded with stolen merchandise and thus should be outlawed."

Some of these pundits won't be satisfied until we're all lumbering around in station wagons. They've been knocking literally everything else since Jesus Christ was a Private First Class.
They won't be happy until we are all relegated to driving little electric scooters or one of those electric shoe box size Smart Cars. :ROFLMAO: :D

The Maverick is the most common sense approach in the pickup arena right now given fuel prices and the specter of rising interest rates and a looming recession.

Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pickup Trucks Just Aren’t Actually Practical (motorbiscuit.com)

I found this article this morning. and it hit a few good points regarding pickup trucks.
Sure for some people, trucks are very practical, they are work horses after all. great for hauling and towing. But for most common folks like myself, those trucks are an overkill. they definitely hit the wallet hard at the pump and those damn payments !... I know a few people that have a new or new-ish truck like the f150, Toyota tundra, Ram 1500, (some lifted) and barely use it, if at all, for any hauling and/or towing. they just love the looks and how it makes them feel riding higher than others. To each their own i guess.

After reading through this article... it put a nice smile on my face because i knew i made a great choice on my Maverick.
This truck just checks so many box's on practicality, versatility, affordability and economically at the pump.
I love my Mav in every way, so Hats off to you Ford for a great job. For those still waiting on their orders... it will come.
market always decides, right truck, right time

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reviewer is offering an opinion.
If you share that opinion then he is balanced and fair.
If you don't then his opinion is stupid and uninformed.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ignoring his opinion, which is just that, he writes like a 20 year old blogger.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suppose if I had lived in a little loft in downtown anywhere and only had a 3 block trek to work. Other options would be there for me.

Safety for myself my family, including grand kids is why I bought an F150.
They are all grown now so something smaller is cool.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless it's for safety or comfort, most of us don't "NEED" a four-wheeled vehicle. After all, motorcycles typically get much better mileage and use up much less space. And, if it's because of family size then any of the tiny little cars would certainly suffice. But, we want more than that, because we want comfort. We want safety. And, we want options, even if we rarely use them. So, he can argue all he wants that we don't "NEED" trucks, but they are a very viable option for those of us that want one. And I love my Maverick (and my Harley Davidson).

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have owned F150s and have nothing against full sized trucks. But life changes as we go on and most of us care about how those changes alter our needs. This struck me most yesterday when I went to Marshalls and walked out with a 3-piece outdoor furniture set,went to a grocery store for stuff,then a garden store for bags(many) of rocks. Did it all with no problem. My ego is not reflected in my truck as long as I am happy with it is all that matters.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They won't be happy until we are all relegated to driving little electric scooters or one of those electric shoe box size Smart Cars. :ROFLMAO: :D
Feeling I always got was more that they were paternalistic. That they think they know best and how dare anyone have a different life experience.

The Maverick is the most common sense approach in the pickup arena right now given fuel prices and the specter of rising interest rates and a looming recession.
Mass transit would help, too. Be able to ride the bus or train to work and let Metro fight the traffic for you. Maverick can stay in the garage for when it's really needed.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, a V-8 full size might be impractical for some, me included, but trucks are nearly mandatory if you're not living in some sort of urban environment. I'm just going to assume the author still doesn't know how to parallel park and gets scared on the on-ramps....

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I swear some of you dudes go looking around for stuff to be offended by....worse than the snowflake who wrote the article.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The point of the original post is? The Maverick isn't a pickup truck? The Maverick is the 5th dentist that disagrees with the other 4 that Crest prevents cavities?
Sponsored