First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dirtbike. Its about 78 inches long so I'd need a six foot bed with tailgate down to fit. Empty nester with no need for back seats. Some would say just get a trailer, but if I wanted to do that, I'd just put a hitch on my wagon and save $25,000.
I have been looking at Rangers, ...downside is I think its a bit too tall for my garage, the bed and sides are higher, couple that with rear wheel drive so I'd need 4x4 (add $4000 which you don't really need with front wheel drive) and nearly half the MPG.

Maybe someone will come out with a rail type of ramp that extends the tailgate a bit so it would fit.
You can fit a dirt bike in the Maverick bed. I fit my Yamaha TW200 in the 4-foot bed of my Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Put it diagonally and use a bed extender.

Ford Maverick Article: Why The Ford Maverick Had to Be a Hybrid DSC05167-02
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love that its a hybrid, but Ford's closest direct competitor is the Santa Cruz that did all the same math and determined that using their hybrid powertrain that they do offer on the Tucson on which its based wasn't worthwhile. So clearly it didn't HAVE to be a hybrid based on those numbers, but more likely simply because Ford killed its cheap fuel economic sedans so it makes sense they offer a cheap fuel economic pickup instead.