Sponsored

PeterZ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I picked up my Cactus Gray XL EcoBoost AWD 4k this weekend! First impressions have been great, I love this truck.

Not much to say beyond what others have said. A few random tidbits:
  • I'm 6'1" and 310 lbs and interior is comfortable for me. Plenty of leg room, headroom, shoulder room, and umm... belly room.
  • On its own it looks "not small". But next to anything else it looks small. compared to a Outback and a 4d F150 FX4 below.
  • The interior of the XL is nicer than I thought it would be. Gives me upscale Honda Element vibes, which is a plus to me.
  • I can confirm that the "full-size" spare is 10mm narrower than the other tires.
  • I can confirm that the 0% interest 36 month loan is real with no apparent gotchas.
  • The panel gaps between the bed and the sides is a bit uneven (Tesla style). The driver's side is tight and the passenger side has a noticeable gap.
  • Finally. The bedsides are a really great height for leaning on! this is an unexpected bonus. Trucks have gotten so tall I had forgotten about the joy of leaning on the side of the truck and BS-ing with the neighbors across the bed.
Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes IMG_0817
Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes IMG_0813
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my Cactus Gray XL EcoBoost AWD 4k this weekend! First impressions have been great, I love this truck.

• I'm 6'1" and 310 lbs and interior is comfortable for me. Plenty of leg room, headroom, shoulder room, and umm... belly room.
  • On its own it looks "not small". But next to anything else it looks small. compared to a Outback and a 4d F150 FX4 below.
  • The interior of the XL is nicer than I thought it would be. Gives me upscale Honda Element vibes, which is a plus to me.
  • I can confirm that the "full-size" spare is 10mm narrower than the other tires.
  • I can confirm that the 0% interest 36 month loan is real with no apparent gotchas.
  • The panel gaps between the bed and the sides is a bit uneven (Tesla style). The driver's side is tight and the passenger side has a noticeable gap.
  • Finally. The bedsides are a really great height for leaning on! this is an unexpected bonus. Trucks have gotten so tall I had forgotten about the joy of leaning on the side of the truck and BS-ing with the neighbors across the bed.
IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
Thanks for your impressions and the comparison photos.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice!, on the 0% 36, was the down payment fixed or flexible? I'm thinking putting down a good chunk to keep the payments a dull roar. Thanks!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
Upscale Element- very true- Congrats

Sponsored

ugot2know

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice!, on the 0% 36, was the down payment fixed or flexible? I'm thinking putting down a good chunk to keep the payments a dull roar. Thanks!
I did the 36 month @ 0%. Ford was flexible, i did put down a good amount to reduce payments. Also put $3000 of the down payment on a visa (the limit for a credit card was $3000.). I love my Maverick 2.0 it drives so sweet.

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
If it's 0%, why wouldn't you just put your down payment in a savings account and let it earn a little / have for emergencies?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it's 0%, why wouldn't you just put your down payment in a savings account and let it earn a little / have for emergencies?
I'd rather pay more down too. Savings accounts get next to nothing for returns. Alternatively, could invest in something moderately aggressive and cross your fingers... I'd rather know that I have a smaller payment though.

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
I'd rather pay more down too. Savings accounts get next to nothing for returns. Alternatively, could invest in something moderately aggressive and cross your fingers... I'd rather know that I have a smaller payment though.
I guess I just don't see the appeal. If it lowers my payment by $100, I'd rather just pull the $100/month out of savings and have the rest in case of emergency.

Sponsored

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Th
I did the 36 month @ 0%. Ford was flexible, i did put down a good amount to reduce payments. Also put $3000 of the down payment on a visa (the limit for a credit card was $3000.). I love my Maverick 2.0 it drives so sweet.
Thanks! Appreciate the response. All good news!!

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My financial situation allows me to do so, but thanks anyway.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess I just don't see the appeal. If it lowers my payment by $100, I'd rather just pull the $100/month out of savings and have the rest in case of emergency.
lol....right? I mean, 0% = free money. Seems odd to not ride that pony all the way to sunset.

Kind of like when people put money down on a lease...... :rolleyes:

(NO, I'm not a financial advisor, I just play one on the internet..)

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@PeterZ Thanks for the update on your ride and your size being comfortable. I think that makes a lot of us big boys feel good about our decision. I just got a shipping notice on mine with a 7 to 10 day delivery ETA. Those front ambers are really bright. Are those the DRL's?
Sponsored