Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Are any of the builds 2.5 Hybrids ?
Yes, in production, which essentially is the same as "built" in that all the parts are there for the order; it's only a couple of days and they are ahead of my 9/20 scheduled build.

HOWEVER, since there are no EPA approvals I'm surprised they are giving delivery to dealer dates. As far as I know they have to stockpile them until approved. Any verification on that?
Sponsored

Attachments

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, in production, which essentially is the same as "built" in that all the parts are there for the order; it's only a couple of days and they are ahead of my 9/20 scheduled build.

HOWEVER, since there are no EPA approvals I'm surprised they are giving delivery to dealer dates. As far as I know they have to stockpile them until approved. Any verification on that?
No verification but my Hybrid order is sitting at "in production 9/13", so that's one theory, that hybrids may be built but aren't moving forward in status until EPA estimates are finalized. Window sticker says "No EPA Data, Not for Sale" essentially.

No hybrids have been confirmed "built" status as far as I know so far. I called my dealer to see if they had any info and they said they got zero additional info, but also no word from Ford about any issues. So still hurry up and wait status.

I also haven't seen any Area 51 'built' status, which is curious as well.

Ford Maverick Owners receiving email that their Maverick Has Been Built! 1631824976892

Last edited:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No verification but my Hybrid order is sitting at "in production 9/13", so that's one theory, that hybrids may be built but aren't moving forward in status until EPA estimates are finalized. Window sticker says "No EPA Data, Not for Sale" essentially.

No hybrids have been confirmed "built" status as far as I know so far. I called my dealer to see if they had any info and they said they got zero additional info, but also no word from Ford about any issues. So still hurry up and wait status.

1631824976892.png
I have an Ecoboost and am also sitting in the same place - In Production with the 9/13 date. I think the site, like all of the other updates and email processes, just isn't working 100% accurately.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No verification but my Hybrid order is sitting at "in production 9/13", so that's one theory... no hybrids have been confirmed "built" status as far as I know so far. I called my dealer to see if they had any info and they said they got zero additional info, but also no word from Ford about any issues. So still hurry up and wait status.

1631824976892.png
It's not a theory, it's how they do it. In production means exactly that - they have all the parts and it's happening - it's not speculation. Betcha by this time next week it will roll over to built.

Then there's quality control and they can take all the time they need as far as I'm concerned as it's a new vehicle. Better right now than sitting at the dealer while they scratch their heads over this new-fangled thing...

The bigger question is when they can legally sell them... until then it's wait while the paint dries and they stockpile them in the US.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided

1631824976892.png
My hybrid has been in production 9/14 for a couple days now.

Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, normal. Hermosillo produces 1 car per minute at maximum output, I think they are 2/3 now. That doesn't tell us how long from start to finish though. I prefer they take their time for ours :) Soon!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's not a theory, it's how they do it. In production means exactly that - they have all the parts and it's happening - it's not speculation. Betcha by this time next week it will roll over to built.

Then there's quality control and they can take all the time they need as far as I'm concerned as it's a new vehicle. Better right now than sitting at the dealer while they scratch their heads over this new-fangled thing...

The bigger question is when they can legally sell them... until then it's wait while the paint dries and they stockpile them in the US.
Ok to buy has already been issued for the eco boost.

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Interesting to see some cars are "In Production" for so much longer than others. Some show same day to built, while above it'll be 4 days soon. I originally thought that color batching was the culprit, but I have seen my color built already (same spec actually too!). Probably just luck of the draw :LOL::confused:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting to see some cars are "In Production" for so much longer than others. Some show same day to built, while above it'll be 4 days soon. I originally thought that color batching was the culprit, but I have seen my color built already (same spec actually too!). Probably just luck of the draw :LOL::confused:
I'm in the same boat. Honestly it is more likely the Ford site just isn't updating properly. I'm also one of the ones that never received any email after the initial confirmation. I might call Ford tomorrow to see what's up.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok to buy has already been issued for the eco boost.
yes the ecoboost has it's EPA rating, so they are the first to release. Which means the crash testing, which is done by Ford, is complete but not showing up yet. Hybrid soon hopefully will get it's numbers and release for sale, probably within the timeframe it takes to quality control and send to the US.
There are so many factors in this, any one of them can hold up a production... or since that's very costly to take something off the line, it's more likely the system just isn't updating anything close to real time. I imagine they all take roughly the same time to buld, VERY likely some get pulled off at the end if they are waiting on add ons by subcontractors that are hung up in the supply chain. Patience... they are coming...

Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
My dealer has stated a couple times that my order has been submitted, but I have heard nothing from Ford. Asked the salesperson today if my order had actually been submitted, or
was i stuck on the allocation waiting list. She replied that my order WAS submitted, but they were having trouble getting emails from Ford. ????

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer has stated a couple times that my order has been submitted, but I have heard nothing from Ford. Asked the salesperson today if my order had actually been submitted, or
was i stuck on the allocation waiting list. She replied that my order WAS submitted, but they were having trouble getting emails from Ford. ????
Drop them and order from Tim Bartz if you want service. He'll drop ship it to your dealer.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went online to Ford.com and went into the Chat. I just wanted to see if there was any info on my order. My Ford.com account did not show any pending orders. In the chat, the girl said she could check on my order. She needed the Order # (assigned by dealer) and the Dealer #. I did not know the dealer number but told her who my dealer is. She looked it up and the order was in the system (I already knew that) and said it was "in-process" with no other details. Ask your dealer for the Order Number and you can contact Ford to confirm your order is in. Maybe they are having email issues - their notification system is erratic. Some people are getting emails that their vehicles are built and they never got a production notice...

Hoosier Daddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorento Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quality checks shipping to the border inspections to make sure their isn't any unwanted snow in the truck then shipped your region via train then to ur dealer by transport truck then few days for your dealer to prep. Takes time at each step of the way.
Got to make sure there`s no Booger Sugar in the bed before it crosses the border.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still didn`t get a email yet saying my Maverick was built this week. Did the factory shut down early and forget us ? What happen Ford ? Has this happen to anyone else for this build week ?
Sponsored