First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone out there know which orders get priority at Ford. If a Maverick is reserved online, as soon as ordering is available, does that order get filled before an order originated at a dealership? Or do the dealer orders get priority?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Spartan_J

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone out there know which orders get priority at Ford. If a Maverick is reserved online, as soon as ordering is available, does that order get filled before an order originated at a dealership? Or do the dealer orders get priority?
I would assume that online orders are essentially pushed through a dealership. Ford is not legally allowed to sell vehicles direct to consumer. That being said, I think it is always is FCFS; unless you order a trim package that suffers from some sort of delay.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is interesting info:
According to my Sister who is an auditor for Ford corporation:

Any new dealers of vehicles don't actually 'own' their cars. It is only after an agreement is completed, the dealers will 'buy' them from the manufacturer. They have a set amount of time to transfer the paperwork. Her job is to go to a dealership early in the morning before opened and count the cars that have been sent. If the dealership has some out for employees/service, they have only a few hours to prove, if not, their dealership would be flagged and at worse shut down. At least that is what her Ford job is in the MidWest.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
I would certainly hope that Ford doesn't plan on the same tactic they are using for the big Bronco. I reserved my Bronco 10/04/20, the dealer placed the order on 03/03/21. I'm so far down the line the dealer will call me again when the '22 order banks open, and we'll place the order again. So far in between all of those months it has been one thing after another, i.e. supplier problems, options on constraint because the supplier can't keep up, and Ford miscalculated the amount of particular options they would need. Throw in this damn new flu, and the micro chip shortage it has been a clusterF...........At first Ford says all those that reserved their Bronco will receive it before any dealer lot trucks are built. And that they would use the time/date stamp on the reservation to build ordered Bronco's using that as a priority. But, now that my not even happen.

Now that I've got that little whiny rant out of my system I can help with your question. :) I've order all of my new cars since 1986 the last being my '20 Ranger. When you order the dealer will mark it a "special order" showing Ford it's a sold unit, and give give it a priority code between 0-20. Then it could, or couldn't be put in line in front of the dealers lot orders. So the answer is, maybe, maybe not it will be built sooner. There are so many variables that fall in there it just to hard to tell. Ford will enter the order into the system, and then the computer will look at all of the other orders, and stick your order in line with all the others that are close to your order, i.e. Super Cab or Crew Cab, color, options. and it goes on and on. My Ranger order was a simple one, and it took 13 weeks to be delivered. My wife's Mustang was a loaded order and it showed up in 9 weeks. It's basically a crap shoot.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If available, I would give Ford a $100 Maverick reservation, just like I did for the Bronco Sport Badlands...here was my Badlands timeline:

Reserved in July and then ordered on August 13, 2020 -- originally had a December 2020 build date, but was delayed 3 separate times (mainly for the trailer hitch, gray contrasting roof, and the rear cargo mat).

The last Ford delay notice stated it would be built in April, 2021 but someone got "bumped" -- Wifey's Badlands left Mexico on March 23rd and arrived in Houston on March 30th and was in my driveway/garage on March 31st

Sponsored

isellford

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
We had our annual Govt Fleet meeting ,last week and the Maverick was covered. it will be about the size of the old Ranger. 5 passenger. late 2nd quarter reveal and order bank opening. 4th quarter marketing launch. That's about all they covered.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We had our annual Govt Fleet meeting ,last week and the Maverick was covered. it will be about the size of the old Ranger. 5 passenger. late 2nd quarter reveal and order bank opening. 4th quarter marketing launch. That's about all they covered.
That’s the best news in months! Thanks!

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

No delivery date?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No delivery date?
driven by parts availability like chips. no reason to put delivery dates out there-only to have them slip due to issues beyoned their control and make people here start threads about how they screwed up the launch with compounding errors and letting other companies beat them to market ;)

steven scott

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 ford pickup, 71-72-73 ranchero, 68 torino,more
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
what is the website to register to get on the list to buy a maverick pickup

Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've purchased more vehicles (both new and used) than I can count in my lifetime. However, I have never ordered a vehicle. I have Ford X-plan pricing. Does anybody imagine I could negotiate better than X-plan on a brand new vehicle?

I know that dealers generally love orders because they are "almost" guaranteed sales without having to carry inventory so it is a financial win for them. But...I'm doubting they will be looking to dicker...
I have had two dealers tell me they are not accepting X-Plan pricing on the Mavericks , at least not currently.

OP
OP
Spartan_J

Spartan_J

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Chevy Spark
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had two dealers tell me they are not accepting X-Plan pricing on the Mavericks , at least not currently.
I ended up ordering on X plan. However, the largest Ford dealer in the area (who has 2 Ford dealerships) was not accepting X plan. I drove 15 minutes to a small town dealer and they had no issues and were awesome to work with. Candy Ford in Charlotte, MI

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost