First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely should not be you paying for it. Dealer tags, dealers problem.

That being said, so long as structurally no major issues, and you don't mind the repairs, I personally wouldn't walk away after waiting that long. Get it repaired and enjoy the damn thing. Be free of this misery in waiting.

Or at least in solidarity for all of us schmucks still thinking we will get one in the 21st century.

With all that said, more importantly, I'd find that Jeep kid, have him glue his face into the Maverick logo on the back of your truck, and make him stay there for about a week staring at the damage and tell him to think about what he's done.

Do you realize what you have done?

But some would call that "cruel and unusual"
Sponsored

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I was in your situation, I would buy the Maverick once it’s repaired.

Since Maverick is not titled, repairs should not appear on a CarFax.

If for any reason after purchase you are unhappy with the Maverick, sell it to Carvana, Carmax, etc.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And this is why the dealer did not let me drive mine when it showed up. Now I realize they were very smart.
Our dealer tossed us the keys and said sure but yeah things can go very wrong quickly-

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It’s been said already, a claim should be filed through the insurance of the at-fault driver by the dealership since it’s still their vehicle in stock. They should have fleet insurance coverage for all their vehicles in their possession.

I wouldn’t buy that truck at full MSRP unless if you were given a discount, then you can buy it and flip it later. Otherwise, walk away.

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This actually happened to my son some years ago. He was even told to take the car home for the night, when he still hadn't signed the papers. He ended up in a snowbank. But here's the problem: It was his first car and he had no insurance at all, since he would need to own the car to be able to get insurance for it. So, the dealership had to pay for the repairs. It was still their vehicle. They were NOT happy! He did, though, buy the car once they had repaired it. (That car lasted about 10 years too.)

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would not take the truck with any repair done to it. the paint work will never be the same as the factory paint, and in time will be noticeably different. (I had a Buick that had a scratch on the rear quarter panel that the dealer repainted before I picked it up) Over time that fender always looked different from the rest of the car. Also color has a lot to do with it. (Car was silver) metallics will never match! and when to want to trade it in, the dealership body shop inspector will pick it up by the mismatched spray pattern. Your choice.

JoeTime

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your insurance will cover damage that occurred while you were driving someone else's vehicle.
So, yes, you can claim.
A dealer always copies your license before letting you test drive, but I've never had one ask me to prove that I had insurance. I don't know who typically pays for test drive damage.
I always believed the insurance followed the vehicle.

Sponsored

JamieP

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I wouldn't want the claim on my insurance. I was rear-ended really hard in my last vehicle. The guy who hit me even said in front of the cop "I was texting my wife and suddenly you were stopped". I was actually still going 25-30 mph, so he must have been flying. Anyway, my insurance rates increased because of the accident even though it was 100% not my fault.

I would wait for the dealer to claim it and fix it. Then I'd buy the truck.

luparguru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

After waiting 11 months and 1 day, my Maverick Hybrid XLT was ready for me. It was beautiful, had 3.4 miles on it. The salesman suggested I take it for a drive while he finished getting the paperwork together. My wife and I went down the nearby freeway to the next exit and turned around to come back to the dealership. I stopped at a yield sign on the service road (less than 1/2 mile from dealership) and was rear ended by a kid in a jeep. Bumper, tailgate and bed wrinkled. Fortunately the kid has insurance. So the Maverick I ordered is in the body shop with 8 miles on it.

But here is where I need advice from this forum... I haven't signed anything yet to take possession. So I thought the dealer would pursue the insurance claim, but they think I should do this since it is my order. Can I even collect insurance for repairs on a car that was not titled to me? Should I be paying full MSRP on a car that has been in an accident and the trade-in value is diminished? Or should I wait until after it is repaired and test drive it again before taking it?

20220608_105111.jpg

20220608_111323.jpg
Check with your insurance company and tell them the deal, they may do so if you are buying the truck.
You can cancel deal, but dealership will get it repaired anyway and turn around an sell it for even more mula.
Of course you are without a truck while it is being repaired.

Td14782

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2019 Ram 2009 suzuki equator,2008 pl
After waiting 11 months and 1 day, my Maverick Hybrid XLT was ready for me. It was beautiful, had 3.4 miles on it. The salesman suggested I take it for a drive while he finished getting the paperwork together. My wife and I went down the nearby freeway to the next exit and turned around to come back to the dealership. I stopped at a yield sign on the service road (less than 1/2 mile from dealership) and was rear ended by a kid in a jeep. Bumper, tailgate and bed wrinkled. Fortunately the kid has insurance. So the Maverick I ordered is in the body shop with 8 miles on it.

But here is where I need advice from this forum... I haven't signed anything yet to take possession. So I thought the dealer would pursue the insurance claim, but they think I should do this since it is my order. Can I even collect insurance for repairs on a car that was not titled to me? Should I be paying full MSRP on a car that has been in an accident and the trade-in value is diminished? Or should I wait until after it is repaired and test drive it again before taking it?

20220608_105111.jpg

20220608_111323.jpg
Dealerships normally have high deductible,not your problem. Vehicle will take a big hit in resale once reported to carfax.

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

let ford and the jeep driver insurance hash it out.

the jeeps insurance has a check for you equal to the loss in value.
That's what I was wondering too, if you're not at fault why would you have to pay anything other than a deductible? Jeep driver should be paying
Sponsored