Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

12's is slow in todays world. Cars are so much faster than in the 90s.

Congrats Ivan. On the record thing you just gotta remember someone will always be faster. When i built my mustang and lightning i had personal goals and once i obtained them i was happy and satisfied. I knew i had something i could drive to the track, run a stout number, and then drive it home.
Agree 100% 12s is slow nowadays but still impressive for a 2.0 truck. You are right there is always someone faster and I hope it’s soon! Healthy competition is what is going to drive these trucks into the 11 second barrier and beyond. We’re in the infancy stage and just getting started as a community as a whole! 👍🏼
Sponsored

Hemimann

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome!!! Need to find a way to get my Hybrid quicker. 15.68 is quickest with my daughter racing.

RyonicXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to recap on a couple things.
Do you sell those DP on a website or all done privately through you?
Did you by chance get any video of the runs out there?
Thanks!

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As for the whats fast and what isnt. Yes cars are fast today. But that doesnt mean that a good driver cant get somewhere in a hurry and have a blast doing it in a 12 second awd vehicle. My old Maverick with its 3 speed and 3.0:1 rear axle never made it out of the high 13s but when you were cruising along the highway and suddenly decided you wanted to not have lights in your mirror anymore, you could hammer down and get gone. Maybe you cant outrun this or that, but moving and doing it quickly is fast. Going 100mph is fast, any crash scene investigator will tell ya and getting there in less than 20 mississippis is enough to get your gouch!

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
When judging what fast is consider this:
If you had a 12 second car and noted the car next to you every time you parked, what percentage of those cars are quicker than you.
How many 12 second cars on your street? None on mine. In your town? Statistically there must be. In the parking lot at work? Maybe a Tesla?

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When judging what fast is consider this:
If you had a 12 second car and noted the car next to you every time you parked, what percentage of those cars are quicker than you.
How many 12 second cars on your street? None on mine. In your town? Statistically there must be. In the parking lot at work? Maybe a Tesla?
12 sec cars or faster, 3 in my driveway lol. Around my town 100's.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

12 sec cars or faster, 3 in my driveway lol. Around my town 100's.
Well you need it up there just get to the store everything in Texas is 400 miles away and ya got them exits you have to take 5 miles before your turn. On Maui 12 seconds and your're damn near the other side of the island already.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Hemimann

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. Stock as a rock with 130 lb driver. Weight really makes a big difference. Her driving and me (165lbs) as a passenger slows it down to 16.0's

Tr3m0r

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Made it to the track rental Saturday and dipped into the 12s. This should make it the fastest “official” Maverick based on a track slip. Though I would like to add, I ran the Dragy on every run and they were all pretty much dead on accurate. So for whatever that’s worth, that should make 2 12 second Mavs since John has actually ran faster per Dragy.

Was a fun day, the Maverick got lots of attention even though I was punching out of my weight class. The slowest car I raced was a 9.4 Tesla lol. So needless to say I lost every race even though I wasn’t even paying attention to the car next to me. They were gone at the tree.

Truck has a 3 inch downpipe and full 3 inch exhaust, AFE intake, Buschur intercooler, dual catch cans, and E50 tune. I also made a 2.5 inch aluminum charge pipe, other side will be more work, and replaced the turbo intake pipe with a custom 3 inch one that mates to the AFE. Only weight reduction was the passenger seat pulled. Extra weight is my hard tonneau cover, sub box with 10, and tool bag (wrenches not me 😂)

I got so obsessed with “the record” that now that I have it I feel like, now what? I just need some time to rest and see what the new year brings including some more trucks in the 12s. All I want to add is for all the guys that talked chet and how I would be humbled and disappointed at the track, is I told you so. 😘

D21EC630-F77C-431F-B21C-EB65B49390C0.jpeg

3F829B1E-EAE9-40C3-8E0F-BE4FB5D845A3.jpeg
That's so awesome bro!! I just picked up my Tremor Lariat 2 days ago. Definitely need to get some catch cans and plan on running on premium all the time. As far as the cold air intake, lets say i want to still take it off road and all. Are there other options? Like a ram intake? I really want to get a tune, bigger turbo, better intake, idk the list is just starting. Any suggestions for first simple, cheaper mods to get started?
Sponsored