Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Made it to the track rental Saturday and dipped into the 12s. This should make it the fastest “official” Maverick based on a track slip. Though I would like to add, I ran the Dragy on every run and they were all pretty much dead on accurate. So for whatever that’s worth, that should make 2 12 second Mavs since John has actually ran faster per Dragy.

Was a fun day, the Maverick got lots of attention even though I was punching out of my weight class. The slowest car I raced was a 9.4 Tesla lol. So needless to say I lost every race even though I wasn’t even paying attention to the car next to me. They were gone at the tree.

Truck has a 3 inch downpipe and full 3 inch exhaust, AFE intake, Buschur intercooler, dual catch cans, and E50 tune. I also made a 2.5 inch aluminum charge pipe, other side will be more work, and replaced the turbo intake pipe with a custom 3 inch one that mates to the AFE. Only weight reduction was the passenger seat pulled. Extra weight is my hard tonneau cover, sub box with 10, and tool bag (wrenches not me 😂)

I got so obsessed with “the record” that now that I have it I feel like, now what? I just need some time to rest and see what the new year brings including some more trucks in the 12s. All I want to add is for all the guys that talked chet and how I would be humbled and disappointed at the track, is I told you so. 😘

Ford Maverick Officially in the 12s with modified Maverick XLT EcoBoost AWD D21EC630-F77C-431F-B21C-EB65B49390C0

Ford Maverick Officially in the 12s with modified Maverick XLT EcoBoost AWD 3F829B1E-EAE9-40C3-8E0F-BE4FB5D845A3
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome times and thanks for what you have done so far! Congrats!

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Made it to the track rental Saturday and dipped into the 12s. This should make it the fastest “official” Maverick based on a track slip. Though I would like to add, I ran the Dragy on every run and they were all pretty much dead on accurate. So for whatever that’s worth, that should make 2 12 second Mavs since John has actually ran faster per Dragy.

Was a fun day, the Maverick got lots of attention even though I was punching out of my weight class. The slowest car I raced was a 9.4 Tesla lol. So needless to say I lost every race even though I wasn’t even paying attention to the car next to me. They were gone at the tree.

Truck has a 3 inch downpipe and full 3 inch exhaust, AFE intake, Buschur intercooler, dual catch cans, and E50 tune. I also made a 2.5 inch aluminum charge pipe, other side will be more work, and replaced the turbo intake pipe with a custom 3 inch one that mates to the AFE. Only weight reduction was the passenger seat pulled. Extra weight is my hard tonneau cover, sub box with 10, and tool bag (wrenches not me 😂)

I got so obsessed with “the record” that now that I have it I feel like, now what? I just need some time to rest and see what the new year brings including some more trucks in the 12s. All I want to add is for all the guys that talked chet and how I would be humbled and disappointed at the track, is I told you so. 😘

D21EC630-F77C-431F-B21C-EB65B49390C0.jpeg

3F829B1E-EAE9-40C3-8E0F-BE4FB5D845A3.jpeg
That's awesome!!!

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's great!

Did you happen to make runs (dragy or otherwise)after each mod? I'll assume the E50 & tune account for most of this....just curious how much the other mods are contributing.

I like to see what a tune-only can do. Had my '18 2.7 F150 in the high 12's with tune only (custom Livernois), getting ready to do the same with the Mav.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do people who order the 4K Tow package see any advantage with these times due to the lower gearing of the differential? Will the 4K Tow cooling mods help longevity of the transmission for these sprints?

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's great!

Did you happen to make runs (dragy or otherwise)after each mod? I'll assume the E50 & tune account for most of this....just curious how much the other mods are contributing.

I like to see what a tune-only can do. Had my '18 2.7 F150 in the high 12's with tune only (custom Livernois), getting ready to do the same with the Mav.
When I got the truck it ran low 15s via dragy. There are various members running mid 13s with just an intake and tune. Intercooler will help keep IAT down on back to back runs. For max gains the downpipe and exhaust is a must but prepare for a loud ride.

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do people who order the 4K Tow package see any advantage with these times due to the lower gearing of the differential? Will the 4K Tow cooling mods help longevity of the transmission for these sprints?
Mine has 4k tow which I got for the added cooling as I have a tow rig. The different gearing is definitely a plus I would say.

Sponsored

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
whatever the difference in gearing is turns into a direct gain in torque. 3.81/3.63 = 1.05. This is pure mechanical advantage - turning speed into torque.

This was a big factor in muscle car speed back in the day. People have moved to taller rear ends on those old cars because running 75 mph with a 4.3 or 4.56 gives you like 10 mpg on the interstate and a crazy loud ride. Note that our 8 speed gives a final gear ratio of .62 versus the standard 1:1 on old 3 speed autos.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What mode do you use for the track? Sport, Tow?

12s is fast. Fast as most 90's production sport cars 911, Diablos etc. :)
12's is slow in todays world. Cars are so much faster than in the 90s.

Congrats Ivan. On the record thing you just gotta remember someone will always be faster. When i built my mustang and lightning i had personal goals and once i obtained them i was happy and satisfied. I knew i had something i could drive to the track, run a stout number, and then drive it home.

RyonicXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you get any video of the runs? Great job btw!

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What mode do you use for the track? Sport, Tow?

12s is fast. Fast as most 90's production sport cars 911, Diablos etc. :)
Sport mode. Like mentioned above, 12s is slow lol. It was fast in the 90s which just shows how far cars have come. It’s fast enough to be fun and dangerous in a small truck but now 8s is the new 10s.
Sponsored